Opeth Picks

Red or black Dunlop Jazz IIIs for me - I prefer the reds for practically everything, except a crushing metal low E rhythm part where the stiffer material really shines.

I usually use 1 mm Dunlop's for my electric playing and sometimes 2 mm for some leads. I use 0.5 mm for acoustics (well I think it's 0.5, it's been worn off for dome time).

has anyone ever tried the little dunlop jazz picks? they are pretty cool for delicate, articulate stuff...like jazz leads. its hard to get a good crunch though, unless your gain is cranked. i have one that i think i caught from erik rutan's throw.

daz436 said:
depends on the sound you want, sometimes using a pick with a bass is necessary

Yeah that's true. I suppose I was refering to bassists who use picks just for the fuck of it, not bothering to actually try and use their fingers(which you can generally play more notes with). I bet Steve Harris wouldn't be as fast as he is if he decided to start using picks.

NicholasDWolfwood said:
Steve DiGiorgio has used a pick before. Try and tell me he's not a real bassist. ;)

:erk:

JoeVice said:
has anyone ever tried the little dunlop jazz picks? they are pretty cool for delicate, articulate stuff...like jazz leads. its hard to get a good crunch though, unless your gain is cranked. i have one that i think i caught from erik rutan's throw.
my friend uses jazz picks for shredding and what not..the little black or red ones