Strings!!!!!!Picks!!!!!!AAAHH!!!!!!

ernie ball thick strings for my bass(forgot the axctual name and too lazy to get up)
and the rare times i use a pick i use a fender heavy.

D'Addario .009-.46, and Dunlop Stubby 3mm (the little ones)
any low tension strings for classical
whatever is on the bass (i've never changed strigns on the bass)

I tune standrad and drop d for a few songs.

Oh yeah.

D'Addario XL's 9-42, except for my Charvel, which has heavy strings for Step Down playing. And Acoustic strings are Elixir Acoustic Lights.
Dunlop Gaor Grip Rearted Heavy (2.0mm), and on acoustic, anything less than or is 1.14 mm. Any thicker, and it oses its "acoustic goodness".

I've tried a few different kinds of picks, and the best I've found is the Tortex picks that a lot of u seem 2 use. 0.6mm works best for me.......any more thin and they get floppy and any more think makes the sound a bit less crisp. They wear down pretty quick but I dont really mind cos the grip on them is really great, unlike those hard plastic ones which slip out of ur fingers when u start 2 sweat a little.

I'm a bit undecided on strings though. I've tried both D'Addario and Ernie Ball strings and they seem much of a muchness.

For strings, I use Ernie Ball 7-string pink sets, guages are .009-.052, I really like the bright and snappy tone of Slinkies. I have also tried many other strings such as D'addario (don't like them), Everly (pretty good), Dean Markley Blue Steel (quite good). I have been thinking about trying DR strings for a while now, I used them a long time ago, but can't really remember what they sound like. It's really cool that they're doing the colored string thing now, but the colored ones are so expensive and I play 7 strings which they aren't even made for :(

For picks, I use Dunlop Jazz III red picks, they are quite small but I have found that they give me the most accuracy and a good tone when picking.

J.
http://www.myspace.com/jsebek

Bass-Spector Q-5 w/ EMG HZ (5 string), Spector Q-4 same setup (4 string)
Picks-Hell no....all plucking/tapping
Strings-I rarely change 'em...theres no need to do it on a bass. Besides Spector strings kick ass

I use Ernie Ball ' yellow pack ' light 10 string set
For picks i use the green 1.5mm Gator dunlop picks
Thats right.. i like them thick, just like my gf's thighs lol

CantoX said:
I use Ernie Ball ' yellow pack ' light 10 string set
For picks i use the green 1.5mm Gator dunlop picks
Thats right.. i like them thick, just like my gf's thighs lol
I use 3mm Dunlop Stubby picks. The tiny pointy ones that have the same shape as Jazz III. How's THAT for thick? I don't fuck around :kickass:

And my gf is far from being fat.