Strings!!!!!!Picks!!!!!!AAAHH!!!!!!

Anonymous

L'Étranger
Nov 9, 2005
New-Brunswick, Canada
Since this place seems deserted, I'll try my best to spark things up in here. Since we're almost all musicians here at the SX forum, it can't be too hard. I'll start by asking anybody who plays guitar/bass to name the type of strings and picks they use, you can tell alot about a person's style of playing with this info. I use Elixir 10-52 Nanoweb strings and black Jim Dunlop Jazz III picks. Your turn :D

D'Addario 10-46 strings and a Dunlop Jazz I through III depending on what I'm doing. (Which, for the most part, is suck.)

I'm new but because I seen Zakk Wylde using GHS boomers I tried them out and I guess ive been using them since, only been through like 2 packs though heh.. and I cant tell ya the pick im using as all the writings faded but its a Dunlop something and its about a medium strength.

Yngvai X said:
Elixir Nanoweb 10-46 (I tune down 1 whole step) and Dunlop Tortex Jazz H3 (the purple ones...like that Romeo pick in your avatar, Fast).
I can never find those picks.... That's pretty much why I use the black Jazz III's. I also tune down full step.

I'd go to a C tuning but it takes a month of sundays to get my guitar to sit nicely on C w/o buzzing. D it is.

Ernie Ball Super Slinky (9-42) for my electric
Ernie Ball Earthwood Light (11-52) for my acoustic
Ernie Ball 6 String Long Scale Slinky Bass (32-130) for my bass

Martin Baritone Ukelele Strings (27-35) for my über-uke

And I use Ernie Ball heavy picks...

And as for tunings:

Electric: Either standard or drop d
Acoustic: Always Standard
Bass: BEADGC
Ukelele: DGBE

Screw whoever doesn't think ukeleles are cool.

- the TMSFGJAEUPGWMSFFWELCFB

I use Dunlop Tortex Picks 1 mm , they dont last long. I use D'addario XL .010- .046 on my 6 string tuned to D most of the time.. and the seven string is same strings except .056 on the low B.

HAHAHA! That video is priceless. It's so comical... this guy jumping around, wailing on a miniature guitar.

He's great though.