Strings!!!!!!Picks!!!!!!AAAHH!!!!!!

I use 10s now because I'm in D, pretty much any kind but right now I'm using Cleartones or some other such brand. As far as picks, I use those black, normal sized 1-mm Dunlop ones. Not too thick, not too thin, not too small, cheap and available everywhere.

Because..... shit. I backed myself into a corner here, didnt I? I guess I dont..?

It all depends on a person's preference I guess, but I just think that a 3mm large pick would be kinda awkward to play with no matter who you are. At least the stubby ones are rounded out at the end..

MrFast said:
I use 3mm Dunlop Stubby picks. The tiny pointy ones that have the same shape as Jazz III. How's THAT for thick? I don't fuck around :kickass:

And my gf is far from being fat.

yea, those are my favorites, since they're thick yet rounded out they give you a very good control. also, they look classy as hell :)

i dont care for your girlfriend...

I and relativlu new to guitar playing bout 8 months so im not to sure which strings i like best. Right now i am using
9- boomers, so far they are the best.

i have been through
-erine ball
-eilxer
-blacks (i know, nobody else has heard of them, got them at a local music shop, trust me they suck)
-and DRs

i planned on trying

-D addiros
-and Dean markley

The picks i mainly use are .96 gator grips.

o yea also, guys if you want you can pretty much make your own gator grips with any picks.

just get a razor and some course sand paper

make a few cuts and sand it up and it will give a nice grip.:)

I just tried blue steel today and they freaking rock.

They are just so fast, and their tone is great. Im never going to change strings again. sweet....

i play .13s on the tope and .52s on the bottom the bottom 3 are from Ernie Ball Heavy Bottom the too 3 are from Dadario

Electric (guitar) - whatever .009's are cheapest. I think many of the same brands of strings are made at the same manufacturer.

Acoustic - Phosphorous bronze .013's. Typically D'addario are easy to find. I find acoustic strings to actually have different formulas/alloys and am a little more picky, but I have still found bargain strings that seem the same as name brands.

bass - roundwound 50's. No particular brand. Flatwounds suck, but feel groovy and might be cool on a fretless. I have never lpayed a fretless though.

Bryant

Oh I forgot picks.... I AM brand loyal somewhat on that. I like Fender standard teardrop white picks medium for electric and standard white heavy for acoustic. White is most important. If you lay a tortoise colored pick on your black head, it disappears. Even bright colored picks can get lost with stage lighting.
I also like Fender because they are slick. I have strong hands, so it rarely slips, but I do a few techniques with the side of the pick and that slick Fender pick rotates in my fingers easily.
Having said that, Fender isn't the only brand that uses that shape, color and plastic but they are easy to find.

Bryant

76Strat said:
i might sell my fretless fender j bass mexi standard pm if ur intersted

It sounds cool, but I really have little use for it. I have a cheap Peavey Foundation 5 string (decent playing bass though) and that is really all I need for recording. I am not a bassist by trade, though it was my first insrument.

Bryant

im the same way i just got this bass as my first i worked my ass off to pay for it too reffed soccer for 10 bucks a game lol the good old times. im trying to pay for a crate blue voodoo head to go with mybehringer 4x12 cab i pretty much stole off a pawnshop i payed 50 bucks for it. then ill have a tube my 100watt marshall stack and a 50 watt marshall combo i doubt ill ever need any more amps ever maybe a full stack eventually

76Strat said:
im the same way i just got this bass as my first i worked my ass off to pay for it too reffed soccer for 10 bucks a game lol the good old times. im trying to pay for a crate blue voodoo head to go with mybehringer 4x12 cab i pretty much stole off a pawnshop i payed 50 bucks for it. then ill have a tube my 100watt marshall stack and a 50 watt marshall combo i doubt ill ever need any more amps ever maybe a full stack eventually

I have heard really good things about those voodoo heads (both the red and blue.) If you get one, let me know what you think about it.

Tube power goes a long way as well. They are making these rediculously powerful amps now, but a good old Marshall JCM800 100 watter all-tube will make your ears bleed. That voodoo will probably blow your windows out if you cranked it. You can always buy a straight cabinet and make it a full stack when you can afford it.

Bryant

i have a full stack already but i have 1 marshall 4x12 straight cab and a behringer slanted.... itd look weird. I have a 50 watt SS marshall that can shake my room when i hook up the marshall MG100DFX half stack i knock stuff of my walls and my neighbors at around half volume. I dont even wanna hear a blue voodoo. Its either taht or a randall solid state my friend found 400 watts with 5 distortion chanels..... sounds good to me hahah