Opeth Song Parallels

OpethNZ

Nov 25, 2003
Visit site
i was just listneing to the start of the song "Fall from Grace" by manticora from their 2004 album 8 Deadly sins, and holy crap the start of the song sounds INCREDIBLY similar to still day beneath the sun, i had to recheck the track to see what i was listening to :p, what other songs you people know of that have passages or whole songs that sound alot like opeth?

*listens to fall from grace and still day at the same time tehehehehheh*

I think there was a part in Crimson that sounded like Opeth riffs from Morningrise, not sure what time point in the song it was though. :)

The vocals in Patterns in the Ivy remind me of PT, but thats not really surprising.

In the song you got no right by Velvet Revolver there is that voice at the end of the telephone mike loves.

Crimson Winds by Dark Tranquility

Doesn't remind of a specific Opeth song, just of Morningrise/Orchid in general.

the first 10 seconds of subterranean homesick alien by radiohead sounds very much like opeth... if it comes on my random playlist il stop and think what opeth song is this? then remember its radiohead

Pave said:
the first 10 seconds of subterranean homesick alien by radiohead sounds very much like opeth... if it comes on my random playlist il stop and think what opeth song is this? then remember its radiohead

i wasn't sure just by the title, so i just checked my mp3, and it certainly does sound a lot like opeth for 10 seconds.