Opeth Song Survivor - Album Final! - Deliverance (Vote for the BEST SONG) (BEST)

Which is the best of the two?

• Deliverance

Votes: 62 54.4%
  • A Fair Judgement

Votes: 52 45.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well Deliverance, AFJ and MA were my 3 favourite songs off this album. But since MA is gone it's a hard choice. But my vote will goto Deliverance....

Scourge of Malice said:
How can you people actually think a fair judgement is the best song on the album? Its a nice song, but doesnt compare to the progressiveness, heaviness, riffage, and overal quality of Deliverence IMO.

First off, nice sig. CKY rules.

Anyways, I prefer a fair judgement over deliverance because its more epic. Its a masterpiece, its intro is amazing, the guitar solo is godly, and the closing is good. Its like one story, without a plot. It just fits so perfectly together.

Its the most unique song on the album.

Scourge of Malice said:
How can you people actually think a fair judgement is the best song on the album? Its a nice song, but doesnt compare to the progressiveness, heaviness, riffage, and overal quality of Deliverence IMO.

Load of Crap dude, AFJ is pure majesty, the poll doesn't ask for riffage and heaviness.:Smug:

My two favorite songs off this album.....and two of the highlights of my Opeth concert experience....hmmm....

I absolubtely love AFJ and that last doomy part makes me weak in the knees, but Deliverance has got to be one of my favorite songs right now...so yeah, Deliverance.

't has the best ending ever too......*deliverance thrown back at me, deliverance, laughing at me*

ChrisEmerson said:
well you shouldnt have made it so confusing... why not make this poll voting for the worst song as well? its a bit of a fucked up way of doing things.
Seriously, this isn't difficult. If you're driving a car and the first three turns are to the right, do you automatically assume that the next turn it right as well? What if there's a primary school in the way? What if Mrs Robinson is nursing a poor child's injured hand when suddenly your car suddenly flies into her and ploughs her down. She's dead Chris, dead. What do you do now? Do you say 'WELL THEY SHOULD HAVE MADE ALL THE TURNS TO THE RIGHT' or do you say 'shit, if only I'd read the map carefully'. I hope it's the latter Chris, I really do.

:Smug:

Schism said:
Load of Crap dude, AFJ is pure majesty, the poll doesn't ask for riffage and heaviness.:Smug:

Damn straight, man! MAJESTY indeed.

But, it looks like people always go with the more "heavy" for some reason. I mean, A Fair Judgement is clearly, musically, like Schism has pointed out - perfection! I mean, this part, perfect vocals and all;

"Leave it be
It was meant for me
Soul sacrifice
Forgot the advice
Lost track of time
In a flurry of smoke
Waiting anxiety
For a Fair Judgement deserved"

And then, the sheer coolness and epicness of the STUNNING solo....followed by the sinister finale. The way the song structure is composed is complete brilliance, and fits together like a perfect puzzle. Who needs heavy when the music is this DAMN good?

Having said that, yeah...Deliverance is fucking awesome. Close second, IMO anyway.....

Yes, the "Leave it be..." verse of AFJ is perfection. The build up to that verse is also great... but everything after that bores me. I like all of Deliverance so it gets my vote.

NOONE said:
Yes, the "Leave it be..." verse of AFJ is perfection. The build up to that verse is also great... but everything after that bores me. I like all of Deliverance so it gets my vote.

I agree (well not quite bores me). Aside from those few moments of shear magic, AFJ is just average.

Alcapoth said:
Damn straight, man! MAJESTY indeed.

But, it looks like people always go with the more "heavy" for some reason. I mean, A Fair Judgement is clearly, musically, like Schism has pointed out - perfection! I mean, this part, perfect vocals and all;

"Leave it be
It was meant for me
Soul sacrifice
Forgot the advice
Lost track of time
In a flurry of smoke
Waiting anxiety
For a Fair Judgement deserved"

And then, the sheer coolness and epicness of the STUNNING solo....followed by the sinister finale. The way the song structure is composed is complete brilliance, and fits together like a perfect puzzle. Who needs heavy when the music is this DAMN good?

Having said that, yeah...Deliverance is fucking awesome. Close second, IMO anyway.....

Well Said, we obviously have superior taste:D