Opeth Song Survivor - Tournament Final - 3 Remaining (Vote for least favourite)

Which is your least favourite?

• When

Votes: 39 37.1%
  • The Moor

Votes: 18 17.1%
  • Bleak

Votes: 48 45.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I reckon soemone has logged on as lots of different users to get Bleak so many votes. When and The moor are pretty good but theres nothing in them that really sticks out as awsume. The second half of Bleak is prehaps my favourite passage of music ever. If I had to choose a top 3 it would be:
1. Bleak
2. Moonlapse Vertigo (How is this song not popular)
3. A funerals portrait (" " " " " " " " " )

When has no structure and doesn't go anywhere, it sounds like a bunch of awsume riffs thrown together at random. The Moor is solid but theres nothing great about it.

The Moor has always been one of my favorite songs, top 3 easily. It has the long, story-telling, deep and emotional expression that I truly think is characteristic of Opeth and only Opeth. When is another favorite of mine, top 5 probably. The end is simply perfect. Sadly, I never saw what others saw, in Bleak.

simonc2 said:
I reckon soemone has logged on as lots of different users to get Bleak so many votes. When and The moor are pretty good but theres nothing in them that really sticks out as awsume. The second half of Bleak is prehaps my favourite passage of music ever. If I had to choose a top 3 it would be:
1. Bleak
2. Moonlapse Vertigo (How is this song not popular)
3. A funerals portrait (" " " " " " " " " )

When has no structure and doesn't go anywhere, it sounds like a bunch of awsume riffs thrown together at random. The Moor is solid but theres nothing great about it.

Embrace yourself for some severe flaming.

Don't you guys realise how unbelieveably PEDESTRIAN 'The Moor' is? :err:

I can't believe that at this rate it's going to win, let alone the fact that it made it to the 'finals'... :bah:

come on, how can you people vote to keep the moor? its one of opeth's more boring songs. I mean, theres so many songs on that album better then the moor.

You people need to stop being biased to BWP, its disgusting. I like the moor, but BWP is a superior album no matter what you think about it.

fuckin' fanboi's.

Disengager CKY said:
come on, how can you people vote to keep the moor? its one of opeth's more boring songs. I mean, theres so many songs on that album better then the moor.

You people need to stop being biased to BWP, its disgusting. I like the moor, but BWP is a superior album no matter what you think about it.

fuckin' fanboi's.

Actually, 9 out of 10 fanboy actually prefer BWP over all other Opeth albums... generally speaking, it has been the majority of the n00bs 'first experience' of Opeth.

Just thought you'd like to know. :Smug:

And don't compare a single song to an entire album. That's just stupid.

For the record, I would consider Still Life over BWP IHMO. But like I said, that's just my opinion.

Well in all honesty, the song I'd have chosen to win overall was taken out apparently long ago. This song being The Twilight Is My Robe. That song exceeds all others in my opinion, so so much for all of you bitching about this and that being a worse song than this and that other. Why don't you all vote, and shut up rather than tell everyone else how wrong they are. Jackasses.

BRI, Forest, April, Twilight, and the Leper Affinity all are far superior choices for #1 Opeth songs than When or the Moor, but hey -- they're all great songs.

shit...all three of these songs are neraly equal IMO, and none of them are my all-time fave Opeth songs, but ARE amazing in every way.

Tough, but I voted When.....

AtomAlexander said:
Well in all honesty, the song I'd have chosen to win overall was taken out apparently long ago. This song being The Twilight Is My Robe. That song exceeds all others in my opinion, so so much for all of you bitching about this and that being a worse song than this and that other. Why don't you all vote, and shut up rather than tell everyone else how wrong they are. Jackasses.

Yeah, why did it go out so early?

I haven't the slightest clue, really. I was only viewing this place sparsely, mostly on the Dan Swano board viewing, during the time it was up. I don't see how anyone could have voted it out so early. I mean, I could see why people wouldn't like it as much as others, but I'd have thought it at least would have made it to the top 5. Makes me sad :( ...Or maybe it's just the Katatonia playing, hehe.

IanDork107 said:
People who don't like BWP the most are lacking in taste. All the best Opeth fans like BWP the most.

Go Fuck Yourself.

And stop poking the hornets nest! :p