• Other

Votes: 8 8.3%

• Total voters

Protected Witness

Magickal Theatre 33
Sep 27, 2002
www.mrniel.net
www.mrniel.net
While they definetly could be construed as "heavy," nothing really off the first two cd's really matches (to me) the "sick, crazy, annhilation heavy" quota that the other cd's have, but I'll give you the "other" option.

I almost put Drapery Falls on here cause the middle riff at about 5:50 is Opeth at the most evil, sickest level, but they tone it down for the rest of the song...

Eveyone always says Demon (that will probably take the commanding lead), but I think they have songs that top it on the "annhilation" scale.

I vote for Blackwater. Groovy heavy.:headbang:

I guess I'd have to say BWP, since the last part of the song (starting at about 7:43) is some truly devestating shit. I especially love the bit around 8 minutes when the slap bass (or whatever) kicks in. But from 9:42 on is when it really gets bad ass.

serenity painted death for me.

1:27 - excellent heavy riff.
5:28 - this whole section is the next level of crushing.
the chorus is pretty awesome too.

even the mellow prior to the 5:28 bit is one of opeths darker sounding mellow bits imo and reaaaallly sets up the 5:28 bit to crush you into a small pile of crushed bits. Excellent, excellent dynamics there i reckon.

Well, since The Funeral Portrait isn't in the list, I voted for Serenity Painted Death.
The middle section just makes me want to go out and kill things, it's so brutal. Especially the lyrics fit in there very well.

Originally posted by Cutter
Wreath absolutely owns. That last orgy of riffage slaps me around like a red-headed step child. :)

Totally. I was wondering how many other people would think the same as me on that.

I voted for WREATH because man, it kills! It just has this pitch black sound to it that is completely sick and malicious... it comes on strong, fast, and MEAN. Lets you know what kind of album you're in for.

Of course demon and the leper affinity are amazing (and slay beyond question).... but for me, WREATH is just the most aggressively twisted song of theirs I think of.