Opeth @ The Grand Ballroom San Francisco OCT.6

You guys see that bald guy who security attempted to crowd surf out like 10 times? He kept getting away. Finally he got crowd surfed out and security talked with him for like five minutes, then he went back doing nothing (that I saw) differently. I don't know what he was doing wrong. I thought both Baroness and High on Fire did a great job but I felt like I was the only person in the entire venue that liked either of them. I guess that you guys aren't huge fans of Post-Metal or Sludge Metal?

I would really like to know what Superstitious Man and The Metal Song were. Also did he sing "ARE YOU GOING TO SAN FRANCISCO" in the same way as the original?

No he did "ARE YOU GOING TO SAN FRANCISCO" in a really brutal growl. Then he said "hi" in the weakest voice he could muster. Superstitious Man is actually called Slow N' Easy by Whitesnake. Mike sang/played the first few lines of it. The metal song was just a palm mute chunky riff and Mike growling:
METTTAALLLLL
HEAVY METALLLLL
METTTAALLLLL
HEAVY METALLLLL
and Axe doing this awesome drum beat thing.

The metal song may have been a joke but it was awesome haha.

Was any one else really pissed at that fucking refridgerator light during Bleak??? It completely ruined the atmosphere!

Oh, just another thing. I asked if they were going to play The Moor and Mendez said no but if not on this tour then probably next tour! Per said, "I hope we do play it, because it's a kick ass song." I LOVE that song so that gets me pretty excited.

That Burden teaser sucked, I was soooo exited that they were going to play that.... but nooooo. Oh well and the songs they played were amazing. My favorite was Heir Apparent, great song to kick off the night with.

Yeah, I was on the floor for HoF and Baroness because the sound was much better down there but for Opeth I went up on the balcony. Moshing is really fun during the appropriate time, but I didn't want to have to deal with that shit during Opeth.

mewithmendezandaxe.jpg

Unless you're that girl that bomb rushed the hell out of me when HOF started and proceeded to elbow me the rest of the night to get me off the baracade, then no - you're fine :lol:

The same thing happened to me haha. A girl and her bf managed to squeeze their way to the barricade putting me at the end of it by the end of Opeths set. But that's a concert for you.

Did anyone else feel that the security guard doing the frisking was unusually intimate? He was patting me down for like 45 seconds. And then my girlfriend got to walk in without being touched, and every other girl around me, even those with huge purses, went in without a frisk or a search. Sexism. Opeth is worth it though. But this show was pushing it in terms of people fondling my nether regions, and those people not being beautiful women (which are kind of rare at metal shows in my opinion, although I saw Rancid last week, and there are always a bunch of hot "punk" chicks at their shows).

so what did Mendez think of the pic you made him?

Before the show I met Baroness and he went back and gave Mendez my painting. Mendez and everyone else (except Mikael who was in an interview) came out to say hi/thank you and sign some stuff. I think that Mendez genuinely liked it because he had a big smile. I learned that he too is an artist "but not like I am". I said that I'm a musician, but not like he is. Axe is one of the nicest guys I've had the pleasure to meet twice. They all recognized me from last time and they said that Mike had my panel on the bus the entire time and that he did end up taking it with him to Stockholm. The merch. lady (Aaren) knew who I was too and she gave me a few extra freebies. After the show I stayed for over an hour waiting for them to come out to their bus because I wanted to talk to Mikael and ask him to sign some stuff. I left at 1:20 and he still hadn't come out. Well... I had already met him and I can just have him sign my vinyls next time.

... in short, He loved it. :headbang: