lucky999

master apprentice
Oct 22, 2005
hi folks!

was anyone there and saw the show?

i only saw the last song "deliverance". :erk:

pictures are welcome.

damn i have to visit the next concert

I was there. I wouldnt say Opeth were a 'festival' band. But it was worth going to see, considering the other trash that was on that day. Morbid Angel and Emperor obliterated though.

setlist:

The Grand Conjuration
The Amen Corner
The Leper Affinity
Closure
Deliverance.

It was ok, guitars were a bit quiet though. pity they couldnt stick around longer though.

I know, gutted i was. I was consdiering badgering mike like the fanboy i am...But i got sidetracked. In any case, its one of their best live tracks yet they insist on not playing it(except the odd occasion). it sounds sexy, and that was just from a youtube bootlegg.

yes, opeth seemed to be a bit unimposing on that day on that big festival.
but they kicked ass though.
i think best shows were arch enemy or amon amarth.

Nice concert.
Åkerfeldt was funny as always..'...this song was transferred directly to me from the brain of Satan'

The best concert at WOA was with no doubt Emperor.

NO WAY! it was atheist!!

man that was the most amazing gig ever....

too bad indeed mike didnt do the eerie circles haha

the setlist was a bit boring... i was hoping for an old song hehe like their newly reinvented TNATSW or an Orchid song. Moonlapse or Godhead would have been great too, but oh well...

The Amen Corner live, does Mike do that high-pitched shriek "White summer!!!" at the beginning like on the album? Or does he just growl like normal.

i have some pictures...several are kinda blurry though...and could be a little big...oh well....

DSC01726.jpg

DSC01731.jpg

DSC01735.jpg

DSC01740.jpg

DSC01743.jpg

DSC01744.jpg

thats all the decent pictures i have...the others are not very good quality...

I already started a thread on Wacken yesterday, and I believe it was the first. I take it that it has been deleted because of the honest comments I made about Martin's drumming and about the sound being a bit shit at the start of the set. Hey, I was being critical, not saying Axe is sub par or anything.

Anyway, here's to Opeth getting a nighttime slot for next year's Wacken!!

And yeah, Emperor fucking crushed!:OMG:

no it got deleted because theres already one...

and i dont think that a band who played 06 will play 07 too at wacken

but hope too they will visit some festivals next possible time...

thx for the photos ;)