Opeth will open for Dream Theater in America in April/May 2008

I would when the opener is Opeth.

DT should definitely be opening for Opeth, no, they should be fucking setting up Opeth's gear. DT sucks huge balls.

It's not a matter of who sucks or not. Dream Theater pulls in a bigger crowd than Opeth would, so Opeth has to open for them. Plus this means Opeth will be playing bigger venues than they usually do (aside from European festivals), and introducing more people to awesome music.

This is awesome news!

1) Opeth is my favorite band, I've only seen them twice and have needed a live fix for far too long...

2) I've never seen Dream Theater and they are one of the greatest and influential prog bands on the earth, period.

This is a great combo... WAY better than including Opeth on a crappy death metal bill. I was hoping Tool would select Opeth in the future as a touring support act, but DT will do for the time being :)

DT should definitely be opening for Opeth, no, they should be fucking setting up Opeth's gear. DT sucks huge balls.

lol @ the fanboys. Both bands are great. And they both have smth to learn from each other (for example rotating setlists and linear song structures).

Great, we get to see Opeth next to a bunch of nerds waiting to jizz everytime Petrucci plays a solo. Great.

I'd like Opeth to open for DT, though DT are great live since 2002 they are not making good albums (to me), instead Opeth is a both live and studio great act..

Great lineup! I do enjoy a lot of Dream Theater's older material.

I can understand why people may not be fans of Dream Theater, but they're at least a well-respected prog metal band. It could be much worse!!!! Just be happy that Opeth is not supporting Trivium or Lamb of God. :rolleyes:

DT is not one of my favorites, but it will be cool to see them live. There early albums were pretty good, and I can at least appreciate their talent.

TBH, I wouldn't care who Opeth was opening for, I'd be there regardless. I just hope they get the chance to play a decent length set.

Awesome news! Although I wish they were headlining. I tried getting into Dream Theatre and even bought one of their live DVD's. Not my thing, the singer looks like such a queer when he's singing like, I wanted to punch him in the face. I removed the DVD and smashed it to pieces.

Awesome news! Although I wish they were headlining. I tried getting into Dream Theatre and even bought one of their live DVD's. Not my thing, the singer looks like such a queer when he's singing like, I wanted to punch him in the face. I removed the DVD and smashed it to pieces.

Couldn't have just sold it on eBay?

i wonder if it will be weird at all, in a mixed crowd of extreme metallers and prog d00dz. you can count on me being on the death metal side :kickass:

Similar audience indeed, in fact I'd go as far to say that much of Opeth rise in popularity post-Blackwater Park is from DT fans or ex-fans getting into them. Most death metallers already knew Opeth by the time MAYH came out. This defenitly wont hurt Opeth.

Even I that don't like much of DT's music since Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulance and foward, understand their impact on prog metal in general and recognize them as one of the best live bands out there.

Me? I'll defenitly travel to the US to catch this show... though it's reasonable to think that Opeth will probably only get a 40 minute slot (which amounts to only 4 Opeth songs :( ) I can hope that in some venues with more flexible curfews they can play 1 hour or 1:15.