opeth, will they ever be challenged?

annt said:
I stopped listening to Enslaved after Blodhemn, it's pretty straightforward black metal, any recommendations from the later stuff? I prefer melodic/progressive material.

Thats when you should have started to listen to them...Maradraum, below the lights and ISA should all be up your alley :headbang:

FUBAR said:
Thats when you should have started to listen to them...Maradraum, below the lights and ISA should all be up your alley :headbang:

mardraum, monumension, below the lights and isa.....do it now.

but eld and frost were also very good "forward thinking" black metal tinged records. i wouldnt say anything except the first album and bloodhemn were "straightforward" anything.

NineFeetUnderground said:
mardraum, monumension, below the lights and isa.....do it now.

but eld and frost were also very good "forward thinking" black metal tinged records. i wouldnt say anything except the first album and bloodhemn were "straightforward" anything.

Yeah, I was referring to Blodhemn with the "straightforward" term, maybe that sentence wasn't so clear. I have Frost, Eld and Blodhemn, and I like them all but they are a bit too primitive for my tastes nowadays, except for 793, which rules.

Personally my favourite album of theirs is ISA, but tbh i like all the Enslaved albums pretty much equally.

I'm sure Opeth will be bettered in the future.. it's just a matter of when. It may take decades or even centurys.

now think how awesome it would be if your brain functioned properly!

Dude why do you think 'ELD' is their best I've heard many a negative comment about this album....................................................................................................I just did a fart that stank of beer.....haha

theres plenty of bands better than Opeth. not necessarily heavy metal acts though. But its not like Opeth is the greatest band in the world or something like that. Not realistically anyway.

FUBAR said:
Dude why do you think 'ELD' is their best I've heard many a negative comment about this album....................................................................................................I just did a fart that stank of beer.....haha

umm, i dont? i think monumension is their best still actually. but eld is quite good.

i just think that their debut is far from their best...as that person above stated which i commented on.

umm, i dont? i think monumension is their best still actually. but eld is quite good.

i just think that their debut is far from their best...as that person above stated which i commented on.

Fair enoughh=....its all about opinions...I like Below the Lights Best! :headbang:

I love the intro to Havenless - when you're drunk and that song comes on.. it's just brilliant to sing along to!
And also Akercocke's Leviathan is another good one.. "YOUR BREATHING ... IS MY BREATHING..YOUR BLOOD...IS MY BLOOOOOODDD"

opeth_353 said:
I love the intro to Havenless - when you're drunk and that song comes on.. it's just brilliant to sing along to!
And also Akercocke's Leviathan is another good one.. "YOUR BREATHING ... IS MY BREATHING..YOUR BLOOD...IS MY BLOOOOOODDD"

I'm drunk now

opeth_353 said:
THEN SING BOY! SING!

Also, i don't personally like them, but 3 inches of blood were hilarious to sing along to when drunk .. DEADLY SINNNEEERRRSSS

Dont call me boy...Im older than you...I've beeen enjoying the mega metal Cheese that Is Ayreon tonite + a bit of Ensiferum :headbang: