Opeth @ Worcester Palladium

In Aeternum

Dec 21, 2007
MA
Who's going on Sept. 19 to the Palladium? It'll be my first time seeing Opeth headlining.

I'll be taking the commuter rail to the show and back, so I wondering if anyone had an estimate of when the show will probably be getting over? I don't have too much experience with Opeth headlining, but I would expect maybe like.. an hour and a half out of them? Possibly longer with Mikael's talking. I figure the show would probably be like, 3-3 1/2 hours in total then?

Also pretty excited to see Nachtmystium.

I'll be at this show too, and I anticipate it'll be done around 11 so you should be fine catching a train back inbound. I'm contemplating doing the same thing myself.

Most concerts that I've been to in the northeast US have a curfew of 11:00, and I wouldn't expect this to be any different. It's too bad that your first Opeth show is the Palladium (mine was too in 2004). The acoustics are not the best and the building is falling apart.

Most concerts that I've been to in the northeast US have a curfew of 11:00, and I wouldn't expect this to be any different. It's too bad that your first Opeth show is the Palladium (mine was too in 2004). The acoustics are not the best and the building is falling apart.

I've heard mixed reviews about the Palladium. Sometimes I'm told that the sound is so bad you can hardly hear the vocals, etc., and other times I'm told that the sound isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

I was at Progressive Nation as well, and I wasn't impressed with the sound (Mikael's growling vocals were almost inaudible at many points).

I've heard mixed reviews about the Palladium. Sometimes I'm told that the sound is so bad you can hardly hear the vocals, etc., and other times I'm told that the sound isn't as bad as people make it out to be.

I was at Progressive Nation as well, and I wasn't impressed with the sound (Mikael's growling vocals were almost inaudible at many points).

where were you sitting for prog nation? the orpheum is old and decrepit, but if you're in the first 25 or 30 rows on the floor (I was in row 14 i think) it was fine

where were you sitting for prog nation? the orpheum is old and decrepit, but if you're in the first 25 or 30 rows on the floor (I was in row 14 i think) it was fine

Way up in the back of the balcony.

Looks like the commuter rail runs a train back to Boston at 12:10 AM. I'll be fine then.

I'm going by myself. First time seeing Opeth headline (saw them at SOTU 2005 and then again at ProgNation)

Veryyyyy excited! Anxious to see Nachtmystium again as well.

Fuck yeah! I'm going to be there. It's my first time seeing Opeth headline, but I saw them at ProgNation.

I'm pretty excited. The setlist they've used recently is ridiculously good. It has The Night and Silent Water and everything...

Yeah the sound up in the balcony is horrible. Also avoid being near the walls or up in the bar area.
Best spot is on the floor in the center.

Back in 2003 Opeth headlined the New England Metal & Hardcore Festival & started at 11:30 & ended after 1:00.
But the rules are different for a festival.

When on their own 11:15 is the latest I've seen them play.

I'll be there with a friend and recent Opeth convert. The Palladium sucks, but what can you do? I paid too much to park last time. Anyone know the deal with cheap parking there?

Im going to this show, i just moved up to boston. I've also heard that the palladium is shitty.
I think a bunch of us from Berklee are going up there, carpooling.

I've heard the Palladium sucks as well, but the guy whose driving said the last time he saw Opeth there, the sound was pretty good.

Who the hell knows. Worcester is a shit hole, however!

I'm hoping it's the same one they played down under

Heir Apparent
Master's Apprentices
The Baying Of The Hounds
Serenity Painted Death
To Rid The Disease
The Lotus Eater
Bleak
The Night And The Silent Water
Deliverance
Demon Of The Fall

I'm hoping it's the same one they played down under

Heir Apparent
Master's Apprentices
The Baying Of The Hounds
Serenity Painted Death
To Rid The Disease
The Lotus Eater
Bleak
The Night And The Silent Water
Deliverance
Demon Of The Fall

Encore: The Drapery Falls:headbang:

I'm going to be there with a few buddies.... can't wait. And that setlist is almost fucking perfect, better than the other two times I saw them headline. I'd rather have Ghost of Perdition or some other song in place of The Baying of the Hounds though.