Opeth @ Worcester Palladium

I have an extra ticket to this show since none of my friends like Opeth's music (hard to imagine, I know). Anybody want to buy it before I put it up on craigslist? I could meet you at the show, or before, or whatever, so send me a pm if you're interested, or else it'll be up on craigslist Thursday night.

Hopefully this show will be getting over by 11:30 or so, I have a train to catch. The Buffalo show was apparently over 4 hours.

So would people guess it'll probably be over by 11:45 at the latest? It sounds like it'd be over even earlier then that if the Palladium worked like the Orpheum but I suspect the music won't start until WAY after 7. The Orpheum started on time to the minute.

So would people guess it'll probably be over by 11:45 at the latest? It sounds like it'd be over even earlier then that if the Palladium worked like the Orpheum but I suspect the music won't start until WAY after 7. The Orpheum started on time to the minute.

Yeah, 3 came on literally at 6:30 on the dot.

Also, when they say "show at 8," does that mean that there will be nothing before that? Or will Nachtmystium be on earlier?

"Show at 8" means just that. Doors at 7 so they can get you in there, and since there's no music they hope you'll start pounding shots.

Worcester/Framingham trains are receiving some delays and cancellations now due to that derailment. Hope everything is all cleaned up by tomorrow.

We'll be there, typically for the Palladium the show ends as close to 11 on the dot as they can. I just saw Sonata Arctica/Nightwish there, its not the greatest venue but what other choice do you have?

We got to see Opeth/Dreamtheater In Albany (where we live) and that was very awesome, it was an old armory so there was tons of space, and the acoustics were pretty good. For the Palladium the sound isn't too great, although I think it has gotten a bit better since 2 years ago, the place is indeed ready to fall apart!

This will be his 7th time seeing them (my 3rd), so he is psyched, the set list looks very good!

Heading out to go to the train in a half hour. This is going to be awesome.

By the way, though, does anyone know exactly how to get to the Palladium from Union Station?

Heir Apparent
The Grand Conjuration
Serenity Painted Death
Hope Leaves
The Lotus Eater
The Night and The Silent Water
Deliverance
<unfortunately I had to leave then...>

GUESS WHO'S HERE?
MARTIN MENDEZ

Same set list I believe

Heir Apparent
Grand Conjuration
Serenity Painted Death
Hope Leaves
The Lotus Eater
Bleak
Night and the Silent Water
Deliverance
Demon of the Fall
The Drapery Falls

They played pretty well, Mike was a riot fucking with Mendez. I didn't think Nachtmystium was as bad as people have said in reviews of the other shows so far, they definitely lose something from their studio albums not having a keyboardist. The songs they played off their newest CD was good, some of the older black metal shit kind of sucked. I could take or leave High on Fire, they definitely got the crowd fired up though.

Where were you all in the venue? From Nachtmystium-Bleak I was on the floor. I didn't like the pit at all, while Opeth was on at least, and eventually you would get tossed into it. From Deliverance onward I was on the stairs, and I thought the sound was actually better up there. Did anyone else notice that, or am I just imagining things?

I thought Nachtmystium was decent, and I want to check out some more of High on Fire's stuff now.

I liked Mikael's comment on Axe's pants.

So glad I finally pushed my way up to the front. The mosh was just too much for Opeth, got sick of it after heir apparent.

TNATSW was the best.

I was the one in the Morningrise shirt.

So glad I finally pushed my way up to the front. The mosh was just too much for Opeth, got sick of it after heir apparent.

TNATSW was the best.

I was the one in the Morningrise shirt.

I had the traditional Opeth logo/outdated band picture shirt. I wish I could have gotten all the way up to the front to avoid the mosh.

This show was absolutely out of control good. Mike and the guys were in such a great mood. Met them all again and talked for a bit before they got lunch at Irish Times. When they came back I got my Watershed vinyl, insert poster, cd insert and mellotron heart cd signed. When Mikael saw that I had the Mellotron Heart he goes "Damn man this is rare you know!" :headbang::kickass:

Two best songs of the night were Night and Silent Water and Serenity Painted Death. Can't wait to see them again in Chicago next week!

My favorites from the night were Deliverance and TNASW. I was standing directly in front of Akesson right on the ledge behind the pit (damn that thing looked nasty at times). Favorite Mike comment of the night about Black Rose Immortal - "It's shit.....but it's long"

Was not particularly impressed with Nachtmystium, but I enjoyed High on Fire.

I was wearing a gray Katatonia shirt.

What a badass show. I pulled a muscle in my arm from giving the horns with such vigor.

I fucking loved The Night and Silent Water.

MARTIN FUCKING MENDEZ.