Opeth @ Worcester Palladium

The moshing was good until I took a punch directly in the eye closely followed by a knee to the jaw, at which point I decided that if people were going to be aiming that well/badly (there appeared to be a few people thinking it was a hardcore show but I'm not sure if it was them) I would rather not loose all my teeth, and I went elsewhere.

Excellent fucking show!!:headbang: Didn't get to bed until almost 4 AM. I'm still beat. All's I'm saying is I better see a live CD coming out with this setlist. Unbelievable.

...Guess who's here?...

Also, "Per looks like fuckin' Conan, minus the muscles!" :lol:

...and Axe stinks!:ill::lol:

The moshing was good until I took a punch directly in the eye closely followed by a knee to the jaw, at which point I decided that if people were going to be aiming that well/badly (there appeared to be a few people thinking it was a hardcore show but I'm not sure if it was them) I would rather not loose all my teeth, and I went elsewhere.

Well, not to be a prick, but GOOD (not that you got punched, but good you went elsewhere; one less mosher). I hate mosh pits, and I was there for the music, not to jump around in a fucking circle and bash into each other. I actually came close to punching a couple people:mad:. Come to think of it, looking down onto the pit was quite funny in a retarded way:lol:!

My only gripe was some chick kept telling me to move out of her way, and then some dude next to her did the same!:erk:
I was like, "IT'S A FUCKIN' ROCK SHOW, NOT A GODDAMN MOVIE THEATER!! GO STAND SOMEWHERE THE FUCK ELSE IF I'M IN YOUR WAY!" I got the fuck away from that pit and found a sweet spot! Yay for me and fuck you!!:heh:

I liked being in the pit... Not the violent "I'mma punch yo ass in da face wiv mah spin kix biznitch" pit, but the "I'm going to move around and yell a lot because I'm fucking excited to see Opeth". I was almost up front. Awesome.

I was in the High on Fire pits and both my friend and I got punched in the face a few times. I got hit pretty hard so I didn't join in on the Opeth pits, except for the Lotus Eater one. I quite enjoyed the show as a whole but I though Nachtmystium was lacking a bit.

I was the guy in the Blind Guardian shirt.

I was in the High on Fire pits and both my friend and I got punched in the face a few times. I got hit pretty hard so I didn't join in on the Opeth pits. I quite enjoyed the show as a whole but I though Nachtmystium was lacking a bit.

I was the guy in the Blind Guardian shirt.

Dude are you Marco from UG?

The pits were really intense. Not my thing for an Opeth concert but I enjoyed it for the opening acts... to pass the time that is. I'm a big black metal fan but I didn't enjoy Nachtmystium, High On Fire was interesting though.

Me and my friends pushed to the front. Much better up there.

The "MARTIN FUCKING MENDEZ" comment was top notch comedy. And I liked the "You only want to here BRI because it's long, it's shit, but it's long."

I crowd surfed during the mid section of Deliverance.

n503208992_1421477_5561.jpg

n503208992_1421479_7492.jpg

n503208992_1421482_7976.jpg

****ing Martin is the man, he's really cool in person.

BTW... I look incredibly gay in the first pic. =_=

I was at the front the entire show.. got pushed back a row or two from the front but still fairly close. So... much... win

i was front row center on the bar for the entire part of opeth. it was amazing, i actually had no effort to get to the bar, or even the center, i just let people push me there. it was awesome. I was dead center in front of mikael, next to this incredibly stunning blonde girl.
Nachtmystium was probably the worst band i;ve ever seen live, i hated them with all i could.
High On Fire was decent, MILES better than cockmystium.
Opeth was probably the best i've ever seen them, this is the 5th time seeing them, although the first time i saw them they played leper affinity and godheads lament but i was like 13 and didn't appreciate them NEARLY enough.

So the story goes... i was just standing on the right in front of mendez, not in the front or anything, probably 3 rows back, then like all of sudden in the middle of Heir Apparent, i am like touching the bar. and so like, every 20 seconds i would end up closer to the middle, and then in the middle of the second song, grand conjuration, i ended up dead motherfucking center. I was the one telling mendez that he fucking rules.

i was front row center on the bar for the entire part of opeth. it was amazing, i actually had no effort to get to the bar, or even the center, i just let people push me there. it was awesome. I was dead center in front of mikael, next to this incredibly stunning blonde girl.
Nachtmystium was probably the worst band i;ve ever seen live, i hated them with all i could.
High On Fire was decent, MILES better than cockmystium.
Opeth was probably the best i've ever seen them, this is the 5th time seeing them, although the first time i saw them they played leper affinity and godheads lament but i was like 13 and didn't appreciate them NEARLY enough.

So the story goes... i was just standing on the right in front of mendez, not in the front or anything, probably 3 rows back, then like all of sudden in the middle of Heir Apparent, i am like touching the bar. and so like, every 20 seconds i would end up closer to the middle, and then in the middle of the second song, grand conjuration, i ended up dead motherfucking center. I was the one telling mendez that he fucking rules.

LOL I don't understand how anybody could like High on Fire more than Nachtmystium. High on Fire sucks some big cocks.

Looks like Nachtmystium got kicked off the tour, apparently.

Does anyone know if their bassist had an Autopsy vest? Because I'm pretty sure I saw him on my way out, talking to a few girls. He was smashed.

I was at the show. Humongous upgrade over last time I saw them there, and I attribute it completely to the fact that they a great sound setup this time. The music was clear, and you could hear each instrument very well, which for Opeth is much more important than most other bands.

Loved it. 10/10

Looks like Nachtmystium got kicked off the tour, apparently.

Does anyone know if their bassist had an Autopsy vest? Because I'm pretty sure I saw him on my way out, talking to a few girls. He was smashed.
Yes that was him. He was chatting with my friends mom.

Show was great. Serenity Painted Death, Hope Leaves, and Bleak were highlights for me. New stuff sounds great live as well (was a little out of it, but I remember thinking it sounded good)

This was one of the better lineups on a tour i've seen. All the bands were pretty fucking great.

I really didn't mind Nachtmystium. I'm not too familiar with their music, but their first song was great. High on Fire, on the other hand, was one of the worst bands I've ever seen. I've seen them play twice now and I've never prayed for a band's set to be over the way I do with this band.

And Opeth was great. Usually the Palladium has shitty sound, but I thought the sound was pretty good for Opeth.

Opeth played quietly compared to the last time I saw them. Very quietly. I think it's necessary for the Palladium, too loud and it just echos and reverberates and sounds like shit... the sound was very good during Opeth's set.

Absolutely one of the best shows i've been too, and i've been to a lot. We showed up late, missed Nachtmysitium and saw about 1/3 of High on Fire's set. Opeth fucking slayed, i've seen them three times before this and this was definitely the best i've seen them play. We were on the balcony right in the center, and the sound was phenomenal (rarity for the Palladium). The entire band played so tightly, Mike was on fire, his voice was incredibly good and his solos where beautiful. He was extremely funny all night long. Some one yelled "Camel" and he played a sung a bit of what I thought was "Song within a Song"? He told some great stories of how he dressed in the 80's, how Axe's jeans "smell of piss, shit, blood and cum" and he also made fun a Mendez for a while.

Excellent. 10/10 performance.