opeth's best cd

whispersofaschizo

pSyChO pAtHiC kIlLeR
May 28, 2002
Visit site
i am kind of a newbie when it comes to listening to metal. Opeth was one of the first bands that my friend introduced me to. immediately i loved them. i couldn't get enough and i still listen to them all the time. i have heard songs from their other cds, besides Blackwater park, which is the one i own, but i was wondering what some verterans thought about them, and their cds.

MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the one Opeth album you just can't afford NOT to own...

I cant decide between BWP, SL and MAYH.
BWP- Best produced and it sounds great!
SL- Much good clean son stuff. Dont like the riffs so much though.
MAYH- Everything goes to hell! Much doom...and great riffs!

I dont listen so much to Morningrise or Orchid. I just hate how the cd i recorded. Crappy sound...and less good =)

It changes all the time. At the beginning of the month is was "Blackwater Park", 2 weeks ago it was "Still Life", right now it's "My Arms, Your Hearse." It's only a matter of time before it ends up being "Morningrise".

I also don't like the production of Orchid and Morningrise but the music especially on Morningrise keeps me coming back for more! I also listen to Still Life and My Arms Your Hearse alot more then Blackwater Park.

As I said in a similar post not long ago, I think Opeth has just gotten better as time has passed by. I haven't got "Still life" yet (vinyl freak), but I think they started out good with "Orchid" and ended up superb with "Blackwater park" which is the best record I've heard by them. I suspect "Still life" to be somewhere between "BWP" and "My arms your hearse", as I said they've just gotten better on each album in my opinion.

Originally posted by MadTinus
MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE MORNINGRISE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the one Opeth album you just can't afford NOT to own...

Damn right! I listen to this album every time i go to sleep... I never grow tired of it... the guitar work is awesome! how they combine the low and high leads and then how they change and go all acoustic.. it's beautiful dammit! it's my alltime favorite album by anyone. everyone who says it's not good because of the production or something is obviously gay...

I am a rare case that dosn't worship Orchid and Morningrise like most of you do. I LOOOOOVE them, but personally the disorganization really gets to me.

I agree with Alucard up there. I have all of Opeth's albums, and I like them all--but I like Orchid and Morningrise less than the other three. The reason for this is not because of the slightly poorer production, but because the music sounds less organized to me. Opeth must have felt the same way, because they starting making their songs more linear after Morningrise. I'm not into a TON of repetition--this isn't Top 40 shit we're talking about--but I think certain themes should be followed in songs. To me, Orchid and Morningrise sound less like 10 or 12 great songs and more like 50 or 60 good songs.