opeth's best cd

Jazzy beats on Morningrise!!?? Are you sure about that? I'd say Still Life is on the jazzy side of things (erm...Moonlapse, anyone?)...Morningrise is just purely black/death/dark metal...stunning music that is comparable to the masters of classical music. The songs flow like movements/arrangements...one beautiful composition to the next. Very dark and serious...the vocal style helps out as well (and the many whispers within the songs), truly deliver that atmospheric experience. Best vocals out of any Opeth album (well, MR and Orchid both!!!!)

This leads me to my next point: The songs are supposed to be "disorganized" (or whatever) like some have been putting it....that's what MAKES Morningrise so incredible. One brilliant composoiton to the next, where you're left continuously anticipating the next part of the song and so on.

Morningrise is definitely the greatest album I have ever heard! Black Rose Immortal is the most amazing "song" I have ever heard. IMO, a band's earlier works are "usually" their finest....they start going downhill afterwards. In the case of Opeth, it's only slight. Orchid and Morningrise are the TWO best (if Opeth ever decides to go back to that "epic" style of sheer beauty in composition, then that would be a day unlike any other), MAYH is an awesome combination of the first two as well as the last two (their heaviest album, IMO!) Still Life is great, but Blackwater Park is better....Still Life is a little to jazzy for my tastes (while stunning riffs are indeed included - like the awesome intro to Moonlapse Vertigo!) which would make it my least favourite Opeth album.

I believe what MadTinus has stated earlier is simply on the spot! Morningrise is just one of those albums you must own no matter what....

I didn't mean by that, that the jazzy beats were constant... I like how they fuse them into the rest of the song. Like, every once in a while, it will change to a jazz style beat and then continue on, in that mysterious dark sound you were talking about.