Opeth's new masterpiece

Originally posted by Immortality
I have listened to it over 10 times already and I can safely say it's THE best Opeth album to date. Amazing, amazing album.

yada yada yada and it's classic and it's their heaviest, and it will garner them more fans yet it's old school blah blah blah.

I'm so tired of reading the same fucking thing for every album.

Originally posted by Dreamlord
yada yada yada and it's classic and it's their heaviest, and it will garner them more fans yet it's old school blah blah blah.

I'm so tired of reading the same fucking thing for every album.

That's because it's easier to sing the praises a new release than it is to cite its faults and have to justify the statement.

Note that I don't necessarily disagree with the OP; I've heard the new one once, but it's far too early for me to say whether it's better or worse than any of their other albums.

I'm waiting for it to be released before I listen :)

But, as with all Opeth albums I'm sure it will take time to get a really good idea of the album. There is no way I'd make a sweeping judgements like "it's their best" until I had listened a lot more than ten times...

Originally posted by ALaRum
How did ya manage to get a promo of it?........

I seen it on IRC's dalnet . #mp3_metal #mp3_neometal.

try there.

I haven't heard it yet but after reading the thread. I may have to soon.

JAH

It is definitely the heaviest yet. Of course, when I first get a new Opeth, I always feel its their best because its something new, but its too early to judge. I've listened to it about 8 times now, and I think it's the most intense, and it has the coolest clean vocals, and great drumming. Can't wait to buy it when it comes out in November.

according to smnnew.com:

heads up
» 10-17-2002 Posted By: [ siN ]

To give our readers a heads up, smn would like to announce that OPETH, KATATONIA and BLOODBATH will be touring the United States very soon!

A recent quote from a German metal magazine editor described BLOODBATH as.."Death metal at its finest!" and thought .."It would be killer if Bloodbath came in a tank and broke into a Korn concert, shooting at the band and crushing the idiots in the mosh pits" - charming..!