Opeth's best

Opeth's Greatest release

• Total voters
I love everything theyve put out but I picked Still Life because I listen to it the most right now. MAYH is right behind it at the moment though.

I like Morningrise and Orchid and at the sametime can see why mikael was tired of that style and it's pretty obvious he is not really into those albums like fans. I think opeths newer albums are a lot better and agree with him.

How amazing it would be if they went back to the style of Morningrise and Orchid for their next album.

You know its not going to happen man, Akerfeldt hates the Gothenburg style.

Personally seeing them get back to a REAL style (i.e. MAYH / SL) would do it for me. I'd be totally reconverted in a second.

Akerfeldt likes Doom, Progressive Rock and heavy, early Death Metal. There may be a chance of something more Bloodbath sounding coming out of Opeth with the Porcupine tree feel running through it.

I liked The Baying of the Hounds and Harlequin Forest. The only honestly bad track on the album I thought was The Grand Conjuration.

I prefer BWP, Bleak in particular gets stuck in my head a lot, I loved the vocals towards the end though they are a far stretch from normal opeth. My point was not about which was better though, it was that they are equally as heavy.