Opeth's best

Opeth's Greatest release

• Total voters
Orchid or MAYH - they are boring as hell, but not as boring as the rest of them.
Wtf... You must have ADD or something

Phlebotomized,Supuration Mindrot,Morgion, Saturnus– all bear similarities in execution but are better alternatives to Opeth.
None of those bands are very similar to Opeth, neither are they better

HAHAHAH! Look at the result for Ghost Reveries! Thats exactly why I haven't and have refused to buy it! :lol:
You haven't heard GR? The album is fantastic for the most part. Not the same as their earlier works, but it is still Opeth!

You haven't heard GR? The album is fantastic for the most part. Not the same as their earlier works, but it is still Opeth!

Dude I have had it, many many many times. I spent hours listening to it over and over again, and each time I realised more and more that it's commericalised chugging dogshit and way too fucking happy. Yuck.

The rest of their discography of course is great.

Dude I have had it, many many many times. I spent hours listening to it over and over again, and each time I realised more and more that it's commericalised chugging dogshit and way too fucking happy. Yuck.

This album was written mostly in open tuning. The only chugging I heard was in TGC. Also there are alot of keyboards on the album, but I don't think it sounds very happy. This isn't my favorite Opeth album, but it has some amazing songs, Hours of Wealth, Both, GoP, Isolation Years

I picked Blackwater. Think it will always remain my fav.
From Best to least fav:
Blackwater
Still Life (close one)
MAYH
Ghost Reveries
Damnation
Deliverance
Morningrise
Orchid(tried it many times. Boring)

What does everyone think of Lamentations...personally Its one of the best Music Dvd's I own.

Opeth went to shit after Morningrise. Morningrise is definitely the best one, by a long shot.

Still Life is the one I've enjoyed the most, though I forget when was the last time I actively listened to the band. The rest is snoozensome. Listen to Phlebotomized,Supuration Mindrot,Morgion, Saturnus– all bear similarities in execution but are better alternatives to Opeth.

Other than 'Paradise Belongs To You' Saturnus are pretty terrible.

except that "The Baying of the Hounds" and the majority of "Reverie/Harlequin Forest" are two of the best songs Opeth has written since Blackwater Park

except that "The Baying of the Hounds" and the majority of "Reverie/Harlequin Forest" are two of the best songs Opeth has written since Blackwater Park
Damn Right. The end of Reverie was a little monotonous...but I dont see how anyone could say that Ghost Reveries sucks. If you're an Opeth fan...then you should like GR, its that simple.

Typical, since they've become popular Im going to tell everyone the first two albums are the best response.
Or perhaps because some people, having been acquainted with Opeth for a very long time, simply overplayed their albums until the point where they've gotten obnoxiously familiar and tiresome (same as what happened in my case with Metallica as well-too much exposure). Everyone goes through these phases: something you adored once may sooner or later lose its appeal, so you move on to other things.