opinion of damnation

shark22

RuffRyda
Oct 18, 2004
Well I have been listening to Damnation lately. It is a good break from the other albums. I honestly think it may be the best album by them since it is unlike any of the others. Just wondering what the rest of you's thought.

The music in Damnation is excellent. My only qualm with the album is Mikael's voice in parts. I think he tries to sing too high and his voice is shaky at times.

on topic: damnation is awesome. however, i still stand by my conviction that it shouldve been released by a name other than Opeth. This contention led to "Mikey A and the 'peths". Was it Synergy who came up with that one? Anyone remember?

no, guys, i started a thread about damnation last fall sometime and somebody made fun of me and suggested damnation shoulve been released by Mikey A and the 'peths.
i just cant remember who it was.
anyway, thats all i was saying.

It's a quality album, but I'd rather hear typical Opeth songs from them...the whole heavy/light dynamics and such. At least that's their only mellow album, and they got it out of their chest.

I love Damnation, it's an incredible album. Yeah Dorian, I think it was you..or maybe not who asked whether they should've released D1 and D2 together, as a double album.

Interestingly, Foo Fighters upcoming album will be just that; a double album, one heavy one light, and some people were wondering DID OPETH INSPIRE him? but of course, it's not like this idea was never thought of before..but I enjoy FF, and this double album should be quite awesome.

deliverance said:
Interestingly, Foo Fighters upcoming album will be just that; a double album, one heavy one light, and some people were wondering DID OPETH INSPIRE him? but of course, it's not like this idea was never thought of before..but I enjoy FF, and this double album should be quite awesome.

wow I hadn't heard about that, I'll have to check their site out.