Opinion on Infected Nations, why do you guy think?

I went to HMV after my lecture and had the album in my hand, was going over to the counter to pay for it but then I remembered I need the money for other stuff :lol: oh well, I'll check it out when I can. I just hope the drumming isn't boring like it was on ETG.

Actually I've been thinking of changing it but I can't be bothered to look for a good avatar.

This album is really a grower. After my first listen I felt as if I couldnt take away anything from this album, I really liked the complexity the songs had in their arrangegement so I gave it a second listen. From then on it just kept improving. Ive listened to it 5 times now and I love it. Good job chaps! Excellent riffs, and specially the arrangemt is top notch. All around its amazing. I like Matt's vocals better now. Ol's solos melted my face away and Im really happy he's using his floyd rose more.
The Best songs for me right now are Genocide and Devoid of Thought.

The more I listen to it the more I like it, though I still think the production makes it feel slightly monochrome, and for my particular taste there are too many slow parts... I also feel a little bit like the fun of the first album went missing somewhere along the line... I know it may seem juvenile to write songs about stuff like Rambo and massive fucking sharks but actually that fun side gave ETG some of its appeal... I also understand Evile are trying to prove that there is more to them and they can be serious and all that, and the new one is far more po-faced... I just like thrash to be kind of fun sometimes too...

The more I listen to it the more I like it, though I still think the production makes it feel slightly monochrome, and for my particular taste there are too many slow parts... I also feel a little bit like the fun of the first album went missing somewhere along the line... I know it may seem juvenile to write songs about stuff like Rambo and massive fucking sharks but actually that fun side gave ETG some of its appeal... I also understand Evile are trying to prove that there is more to them and they can be serious and all that, and the new one is far more po-faced... I just like thrash to be kind of fun sometimes too...

Now when I listen to ETG I can see the immature side of things coming into play, I much prefer the new stuff, I still love the old songs - they are fantastic pieces of music, but the depth in the new songs with the idea's running throughout is fantastic, compared to ETG where it was just random songs with completely different lyrical bases, they didn't fit together and gel for me, where as Infected Nations has the songs and they all have their place and they work well. It's just my opinion on the thing anyway.

See, I'm not sure it's a question of immaturity... I understand what you're saying. But the people who go around dismissing songs about stuff like Rambo and thrashing are generally a bunch of pretentious miserable arseholes. Trust me, I've done two degrees at uni, I've met so many tossers who would consider such topics to be puerile and of little worth. But they're wrong. at the end of the day, that stuff is the best fun and people that can't see that just have no sense of humour...

See, I'm not sure it's a question of immaturity... I understand what you're saying. But the people who go around dismissing songs about stuff like Rambo and thrashing are generally a bunch of pretentious miserable arseholes. Trust me, I've done two degrees at uni, I've met so many tossers who would consider such topics to be puerile and of little worth. But they're wrong. at the end of the day, that stuff is the best fun and people that can't see that just have no sense of humour...

I don't see it as immaturity in a bad sense, it created some amazing songs, I just feel it's not 'serious' songs like the caliber of those on IN. But then again, most thrash bands don't have like serious songs. I'm all up for the fun songs but, I love it live especially....

SHARK ATTACK! YOU'VE ENTERED A KILLING ZOOOONE.

glad you guys (and gals) are digging the new one, well, apart from mr covet chaos who would rather dig a hole for it haha, but i'm glad he's an honest man, respect! no one is right or wrong to me, so keep chatting about the disc, anyone getting the vinyl? its a sexy bloody piece of kit. opening it up and seeing the double gatefold forest picture is very satisfying i must admit.

Its bullshit. Bulletbelts are just gay.

6d1b8d83.jpg

b24bf29a.jpg

These men disagree.

But I digress.