Opinion on Infected Nations, why do you guy think?

glad you guys (and gals) are digging the new one, well, apart from mr covet chaos who would rather dig a hole for it haha, but i'm glad he's an honest man, respect! no one is right or wrong to me, so keep chatting about the disc, anyone getting the vinyl? its a sexy bloody piece of kit. opening it up and seeing the double gatefold forest picture is very satisfying i must admit.
I'm getting the white vinyl.. but as far as I know that's no double gatefold. No forest pictures :erk:

glad you guys (and gals) are digging the new one, well, apart from mr covet chaos who would rather dig a hole for it haha, but i'm glad he's an honest man, respect! no one is right or wrong to me, so keep chatting about the disc, anyone getting the vinyl? its a sexy bloody piece of kit. opening it up and seeing the double gatefold forest picture is very satisfying i must admit.

Ordering the white one tomorrow, will you have the red one on tour or will I have to order it online?

Got the red one, it's beautiful indeed... and assuming the white one is packaged the same they will all be double gatefolds.

Also, I just watched the DVD... I see that's where all the fun went this time. Brought back good memories. So much Cathouse footage! Didn't see myself though. But reckon I would if I could be arsed slowmo-ing all those scenes. Wish there was some footage from our night out in Ediburgh with Ben, Mike and Sam though! Was a great night...

Got the red one, it's beautiful indeed... and assuming the white one is packaged the same they will all be double gatefolds.

Also, I just watched the DVD... I see that's where all the fun went this time. Brought back good memories. So much Cathouse footage! Didn't see myself though. But reckon I would if I could be arsed slowmo-ing all those scenes. Wish there was some footage from our night out in Ediburgh with Ben, Mike and Sam though! Was a great night...

You see me flashing my lcd in the background of the pit, haha wayhey!

You can be proud of this album Matt that is for certain

I have already got both the red and white vinyl plus the T-shirt.

:headbang::headbang::headbang:

glad you guys (and gals) are digging the new one, well, apart from mr covet chaos who would rather dig a hole for it haha, but i'm glad he's an honest man, respect!

Haha! I am sorry. But ive only listened three times. So im gonna listen over and over. It happened with the Municipal waste album, thought it was gash and its grown on me.

Ill get it on vinyl becauise everything is better on vinyl.

I'm still waiting on my vinyl. Pretty disappointed to be honest. I've never had a problem pre-ordering records from Earache in the past, I always used to get them on the day of release, or before. Now I've moved to Nottingham (where Earache is based) it doesn't arrive! :lol:

Ah well, hopefully it'll come with today's post...

How are you gonna do that live then? :lol: (The harmony, not the pose)

Dual-neck guitar and some tapping maybe? I reckon you should all get Chapman Sticks for the next album and have a 6-part guitar/bass tapping harmony thing going on. Now THAT'D be rad!

Gonna go pick up a copy today, I'm only heard the promo tracks so far. From that, I'm not digging the vocal production so much, sounds a little too empty for me (almost like Fear Factory on Infected Nation), but otherwise pretty ace. The third one was best of those three IMO. Watched the doovde teaser too, love the bit with the black storm trooper :lol:

you did the what to the who now?

metamorphosis is my favourite (the end 3 guitar harmony makes me want to stand up and strike an epic pose every time i hear it)

I just keep hearing, "Some vocals here, Some vocals here, some vocals here and vocals here. :lol:

haha, but its the idea that mattered right? Harmonies DID make the record more enjoyable though, makes songs richer and warmer.

Alright... I had a job interview and HMV was next door so i went n picked up a special edition copy to give my propper review and not just the first impressions one again.

Infected Nation:
I do enjoy this song a lot, but i always did like this one, i think i said that. So there we go, a good start! Haha.

Now Demolition:
Always liked the intro but found this song to drone on for a bit. Didnt really enjoy it live or from the promo. So heres a fresh start on this one. The verse parts seem cool, but the chorus doesnt feel chorusy. Its just like another part in the song. The riff after it was cool, bit of variation. This song i think has the most set song structure with the verse choruse solo thing going on. I think its nice to have familiarity in songs like that now and again. After the solo ends and goes back into that riff it feels more effective than hearing it all the other times. That variation there would be my favourite part of this song.

Nosophoros:
Pretty standard til the death metally riff which i quite liked a bit. Ploddy riff later in the song is a good part. Solo, so far so good. A little too "shreddy" for me in places but i do enjoy the slower more melodic parts of it. Riff around 4:20 in is excellent. Ploddy riff at the end now. Was okay.

Genocide:
This has started good. The bass tone has made me happy there. The vocals here! Black Album much? Haha. I enjoy the variation on this track and the vocals so far. For some reason ive been reminded of the All Hallows Eve EP here... Just me? Id like to hear more Evile like this actually. Solo thats on now is my favourite one yet. I cant comment too much on solos because im not actually a massive fan of solos unless they are effective like that one. Pointless shredding solos are an annoyance of mine. Its all about the riff. And this song is definatly massivly riff based.

Plague To End All Plagues:
Kicks in and these words come to mind "So be it, friend no more...." Haha. Has the Don't Tread On Me groove. Chorus has caught me here! So far so brilliant infact. The solo has a different feel which is good, but i feel that feel was over too fast and the songs moved on too soon.

Devoid of Thought:
Fast one. Lets see if thats a good thing. It is, its moved away from the tremlo stuff. Hello Death Sentance riff. That was pleasant, i think ive mentioned that before. This song is a pretty good mix of like old Evile and the new style. Riff at 4:40 is very early Death sounding. Just before that i wasnt massivly keen on that section, but this one is brilliant.

Time No More:
Wasnt keen on the intro riff, but the one after it was better. Wasnt expecting the verse to be like this, but there ya go. Its a nice suprise. The chrosu is also another where you know its the chorus. I wanted it to last longer though. This definatly has the best riffs so far this song does!

Metamorphosis:
Keeping me interested. When it kicks in its a song that gives you a kick and reminds you its still a thrash band. But with a difference. Vocals around 2:30 are great. Damn there was a riff thats only been about once and was only there for a few seconds at 3:17. And now its back, good. The bass parts behind that were cool. Shame its gone again. But the riff here is. Nice picked stuff there, really added more feeling to the song. And im glad that riff has progressed like naturally and not just broke off into a solo section for no reason, its actually progressed there more. NOW!! Riff after the solo, that is fantastic! More of this. Yes, and here it is. This song at the start was quite thrash but its progressed on into a nice death metal type of thing. Amazing melodic ending. Wish it didnt fade out, i feel robbed of a song ending. Im not a fan of fade outs all together.

Hundred Wrathful Deities:
This song has the most to proove for me. 3 minutes in and i still feel something more should have happened. Would have liked vocals over a few parts. Some riffs dont feel like they're part of an instrumental. Now i like the clean bit half way through the song.Theres good parts, and its packed with good riffs, but i dont feel pulled into it like with some instrumentals. The only way i can describe how i feel about this one is like.. you know when you hear a song and theres the intro riffs and you expect it to kick into something, the whole song is like that. Never seems to kick into many parts, but the parts it does i feel like its missing vocals.

My Parasite:
Well... Best song on the album by a country mile. This one just feels fun. I hate comparing bands but with the music, its like listening to Sepultura in the verse riffs.

Overall. Its a decent album. My minds changed this time around from the last few. But im notraving mad on it. I need to listen to it as a whole and see it as a whole package and not just song by song and riff by riff. So it could be a grower of an album. What i think is wrong is that it feels like youve tried to be different too much and it feels a bit forced? Hopefully when the next album comes about itll progress on from this and there will be a better balance? I dunno. Like i said it could be a grower. And i love you all lots and lots like telly tots xx.