OT: Ever had wisdom teeth removed?

Dredd

Mar 12, 2003
I did 3 days ago. It was wierd. They gave me an injection of something, and some nitrus to breath to knock me out. I sat there waiting to get tired because I wasn't starting to feeling tired at al...and then all of a sudden the doctor is tappign me on the shoulder tellign me to wakeup and the extraction is over.

it kind of hurts little where my teeth used to be..but they gave me some nice pain killers and I'm sure this will heal up on a week or two.

I can tell that all the pressure that was in my jaw is gone....I'm glad I got those trouble makers pulled out.

If any of you have problem wisdom teeth don't put off getting them pulled out. I did because I hate going to the dentist...so I chose to be unvomfortable for 2 years instead. Had I known how easy this was going to be I would have gotten the problem taken care of when it started

I waited until mine were rotted. I lived w/ the pain just b/c I HATE the dentist. Finally my boy hit me in the face while pillow fighting and half a fucking tooth went down my throat. I got 'em out the next week. It left a gap between my nasal cavity and the roof of my mouth after they were pulled. They had to stitch that shit up. IT HURT LIKE A BITCH! Due to $$$$ I had to go back to work. I drive a forklift so NO PAIN KILLERS! I can safely say that I can take a looooooooot of pain now.

ya...it wouldn;t have hurth that bad if you didn't wait. Mine hurt but they don't "kill". Its mostly newly exposed or cut skin that hurts..you know..get some citrus juice, spice or whatever on there and it stings. My jaw was really tight for 2 days too. It was hard to open my mouth to get food in without breaking the food it into small bits. But I kept stretch my jaw by opening my mouth slow and it kind of popped and got back to normal.

and truth be told..I took the painkillers more to find out what vicodin was like than to kill the pain ;) which wasn;t that good by the way...it makes you feel more sea-sick instead than baked.

Got mine done when I was 16-got em cut out. Wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. After I came to from the surgery pretty much sucked but after a day or so, my jaw was just really stiff and I had a nice set of chipmunk cheeks. Didn't hurt too bad. Glad I got it done while I was that young.

Mine were growing in sideways so I had to have all four removed at once. Not a pleasant experience. I had them cut out on a Friday and my folks made me go back to school, swollen face and all on the following Monday. Ugh...thanks for bringing back those memories...lol.

Rich

CyThrax said:
Got mine done when I was 16-got em cut out. Wasn't nearly as bad as I thought. After I came to from the surgery pretty much sucked but after a day or so, my jaw was just really stiff and I had a nice set of chipmunk cheeks. Didn't hurt too bad. Glad I got it done while I was that young.

YOUCH!!! That sounds horrible.

I just had my bottoms removed. They were growing at 45 angles and pushing right into the roots of my back molar. They actually lifted the molars a bit and exposed the roots a bit. So, whenevr I had to bite, or drink somehting hard or cold it hurt..so that was a clear indication I had a problem.

I also have what is called an enamel pearl in the top jaw...it was supposed to be a wisdom tooth but it stopped growing. It is a little round sphere in the jawbone, about twice the size of a BB. They said to get that x-rayed every 2 or 3 years to check if a cyst or tumor grows around it. The doctor said its not wirth digging that thing out unless it causes a health problem.

Ya..dental stories rock!!

i heard all these fucking horror stories about getting wisdom teeth pulled. i got all four of mine pulled at once and it was cake. i was walking around the mall two hours later and eating steak the next day.

people told me "mine were impacted!!!" boohiss... two of mine were impacted. sissy.

They were growing at 45 angles and pushing right into the roots of my back molar

I feel your pain, Dredd. My bottom two grew sideways into my molars too. They had to dig those mothers out, and then they had to stich my mouth up soo much that I couldn't open it the whole way for a week. To make matters worse, I wan't able to take the pain killers because my stomach is too sensitive. My chin and cheeks were so bruised that everyone thought I got the crap kicked outta me. Thankfully, my uppers are sitting pretty and don't have to be removed.

I had my two bottom ones removed, they didn't hurt much until the bastards got infected. Then I had to go to the emergency room and get some good drugs. I missed 3 days of work because of it too, that was some damn weird pain.

I still got my wisdom teeth (why are they called wisdom teeth anyway?) but then again I haven't been to the dentist in about ten years. But the other day I told my wife to make me an appointment, I figured I better go before they all rot out or something. So I go on Aug 13th hopefully its won't be that bad...

gazmetal said:
I have a big hole in one of my back teeth. Sometimes it hurst like hell. I really need to go to the dentist.
You really need to go to the dentist.

The dentists said that if my wisdom teeth did come in (don't you have to be wise to get wisdom teeth, so I guess mine won't come in) I'd have enough room so not to worry about them. I guess I got a big mouth is what they were sayin. I think my 2 top ones came in, and the bottom has tons of room.

I had mine cut out, they were the "bony impact" variety, and there was some wierd calcium growth below my front teeth. So they all cut out at once. Yeah, they hurt for a few days. But they gave me good drugs. I remember being too looped up to bang my g/f that night, and I remember trying to drink a soda pop at an Ace Frehley show, that was fun. You wanna hear about the real pain??? One of them abscessed, now that was bad! It was so swollen I couldn't close my mouth, and it was getting to the point where I couldn't breathe. So I go to ER, and the doctor (who wrote in calligraphy incidentally, I'll never forget that scrip) is squeezing this infected used to be tooth with a tongue depressor, and has his fist on the other side until it popped. NICE taste Clark, nice..............

BTW, I see my dentist twice a year every year. Who the hell wants poop tooth!?

I'm going to the dentist tomorrow. Wish me luck, dudes.

I already had my wisdom teeth pulled. I was lucky. It wasn't a big deal at all.