OT: Official Movie Thread!

Good lord, is the movie that bad that you had to blind everyone so they couldn't possibly disagree? *rubs eyes*

I can't remember who was talking about the movie "The Jacket" before, with Adrien Brody and Kiera Knightley, but I got it out last night to watch finally. It was a really good movie, though the storyline was not nearly as difficult to grasp as what I'd been told - I actually found it really straightforward and cottoned on pretty early to the plot.

Oh yeah, I also saw Xmen 3 last week - it was ok, guys rave on about it coz Famke looks hot with her long red hair extensions :lol:

Yngvai X said:
Well...she *does* theres one for the hot girls topic

"don't you know who I am? I'm the juggernaut, bitch!"

I know she does.. yeah that's a good point, no one has posted Famke yet!

P.S. - that juggernaut line is my favourite in the whole movie lol. I love that Brit actor, dunno his name but he is awesome.

Right now I'm watching the second Underworld movie, and coincidentally I also rented The Jacket SR :D Just because I heard someone mention it on this forum.

And in the theater, me and my friend were the only people who laughed at "I'm the Juggernaught bitch!"... Gotta love internet references in pop culture :)

I mentioned "The Jacket". And Silent Realm, if you think it is straightforward, here is some different explanations of plot for you. It is not straightforward at all. The text below are only some of the theories about the plot. Anyone can come up with their own idea about the film. And this is what makes it amazing.

Taken from IMDB forum. Written by the user "daniel-l-kelly"

********SPOILER*******

There are a few possible explanations for what happened in the film:

1) Jack travels in time just like you're initially led to believe. I don't buy this for a second.

2) Jack dies in Iraq, the rest of the movie is a hallucination during death. It's very easy to say this is what happened, and theres no way to put any doubt on this theory based apon clues from the movie. If you subscribe to this theory, jack dies soon after he is shot, the scene of him being found alive in the ER is all hallucinations, and he briefly gets a view of reality when an image flashes by that shows a pickup truck burning beside the road, and then he lapses back in to hallucinations (basically the entire movie) and dies,just like in the movie "Stay". (Another excellent movie by the way, but with more visual clues and more artistic cinematography)

3) Jack lives past Iraq, but dies in a shootout with the cop, the rest of the movie is a hallucination during death. There are quite a few clues to back up this theory.

4) Same as #3, but Jack rapes and murders Jackie and her Mother.

* Clues that tell you he died in iraq:
A) Jackie is an aweful close name to Jack. Perhaps he's trying to help himself whos' stuck in the middle of nowhere, helpless.
B) Jack gives his dog tags to jackie even though he needs them to remember who he is. Ex military types don't give away their dog tags easily in any case.
C) Jean's pickup by the road is a close scene to the burning truck in iraq that flashes by his eyes right after he's on the operating table, and the basis for the start of his hallucintions. The iraq truck's door is torn off, Jean's pickup has a replaced / red primered door.
D) At the very beginning he says "I was 27 years old the first time I died... ...I thought I was alive but really I was dead". Really he's dead.
M) One of the alternate endings for the DVD shows him dead on the operating table at the end.
R) Right before he slips and falls on the ice, he starts fading out, just like he was about to fade out of the jacket, but he's supposedly in present time. Then a flash image is shown of the iraqi kid shooting him, and he falls to the ground in sync, suggesting that the shot is killing him.

* Clues that tell you he was dead before he reached the asylum:
E) If you read the credits you'll notice that the same actor plays the iraqi kid as plays boba, same with boba's mother / iraqi kids' mother. The director would only do this to make a point. He's suggesting that Jack is (still) trying to help the iraqi kid in his hallucinations.
F) The driver in the car is shown at one point near the end of the movie with a green string around his finger, the friend in the asylum, apon seeing him slip on the ice, has the same green string around his finger. The friend and the driver are suggested to be the same person, therefore at least one of them is a hallucination, and possibly both of them are his own alter-personalities, and never existed.
J) Time travel is currently impossible, hallucinations apon death are well documented. :)
Q) When jack is talking to Chris Christofferson in 2007, the last thing the doctor says is "We're all dead jack".

* Clues that support theory 4)
G) The doctor tells jack about the child murderer / rapist, and how he hides in the trees, later when jack's outside, he looks up at the trees in a strange way, and an eerie noise starts playing, suggesting that's what jack did right after he killed Jackie and right before he got killed by the cop.
H) In clue F) above, the green string could be a representation of his alternate personality, in which case the driver never existed, in which case he's a violent person who killed the cop, presumably the cop stops him because he's just killed and raped jackie. The conversation he's having with his friend at the lunch table is actually him talking to himself, which is why the guard asks him what he's talking about... Normally a guard wouldnt care what 2 psychos were talking about.
I) Since he died in the cop shootout, he's trying to make amends with Jackie in his own mind, thats why he keeps going to her in "the jacket", and finds a way to help her, and in the end when she asks him if he's OK, he says "It's all OK now" meaning he's made all his amends.
N) Jackie's mom at one point yells at him "Get your hands off her you pervert" or something similar.

* Clues that say he's dead at the end of the movie, in all 4 scenarios:
K) At the end of the movie, it slowly fades to white as he obtains happiness. I believe this is a representation of his death point.
L) After it's all white a voice asks "How much time do we have", and the closing song plays "We've got all the time in the world", presumably eternity in heaven? (I would assume this clue points against theory 4) though because he'd be in hell, and probably not any friendly voices / music there!)

I watched Layer Cake the other day. although it has a few good scenes, I found it overly confusing, as I find a lot of British stuff.

and speaking of movies with Michael Gambon, has anyone seen Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou? What a fantasic, funny, and origional movie, (despite having Owen Wilson in it) truely one of Bill Murrays finest movies. oh, and it also has Uber Elf hottie Cate Blanchett in it.:worship:

THE BIG LEBOWSKI IS STILL THE ULTIMATE BEST MOVIE EVER:D ANYONE WHO DISAGREES IS WRONG:D

New periods.

Nemesis_lxix said:
Just saw independence day on tv for the 9876545678765432212345678543234567 ‘th time and it still is stupid as hell.

Yeah man, i will never understand why they made it ? It is not funny, it is not science fiction, it is not even absurd. It doesn't fit in any genre. What i understand from the movie is that, developed aliens and humans use the same computer system. I think Bill Gates is god :)

Stupid movie stole 1 hour of my life...

turke said:
Yeah man, i will never understand why they made it ? It is not funny, it is not science fiction, it is not even absurd. It doesn't fit in any genre. What i understand from the movie is that, developed aliens and humans use the same computer system. I think Bill Gates is god :)

Stupid movie stole 1 hour of my life...
I believe that they made it to prove how bad-ass Americans are when it comes to saving the world from alien invasions.And why the hell did they develop a computer virus to shut down their shields if they had the same computer technology ?All they had to do was mail Doom 3 and let them play in full graphics (gamer joke :lol: )

I fucking hate all that Hollywood crap on tv.The only dvds I own are LOTR and Quest Of The Holly Grail.I have seen them million times and now don’t know what to do,I will definitely get cable tv !

Nemesis_lxix said:
All they had to do was mail Doom 3 and let them play in full graphics (gamer joke :lol: )
Don't you mean Oblivion? My PC can run Doom 3 on full graphics with minimal lag, I can't say the same for Oblivion though... All the settings are on minimum and it's still one of the most beautiful looking games out there.

Back to off-topic: The Jacket was an incredible movie! If I were a mutant I'd give it 3 thumbs up :D
Today I watched Wrongfully Accused (Leslie Nielsen) Holy fuck it's funny! :D:D:lol: I remember it used to be my favorite movie way back when it first came out, it was great seeing it again.