OT: Official Movie Thread!

I recently watched V for Vendetta (Ye I'm a bit late). Really liked it and i've heard the comic book is even better. Also watched Deuce Bigalow - The European Gigolo :loco:

proulxski said:
I recenetly saw Hostel. ..., Saw, Saw 2.... I would recomend all of them, Hostel was pretty sweet!

Dude, I used to love horror stuff until all these ultra-violent gore crap movies started showing up. I've seriously not seen a good horror movie in lots of years. One of my favorites is still Rosemary's Baby :headbang:

MrFast said:
Don't you mean Oblivion? My PC can run Doom 3 on full graphics with minimal lag, I can't say the same for Oblivion though... All the settings are on minimum and it's still one of the most beautiful looking games out there.

I am running a very good system at the moment and don’t have problems with many games so I don’t really bother to read the minimum system capability :heh:

I haven’t yet had the time to see Saw 2 but the first one was great.I hadn’t seen a horror movie that good for a long time.It was as gore as it was supposed to be,it had mystery and a great storyline and also had that nice turn in the end.You must see it if you haven’t already :heh:

proulxski said:
X3 was a very good movie! I prefered to see mystic naked with no power though lol

I recenetly saw Hostel. Scary Movie 4, Saw, Saw 2.... I would recomend all of them, Hostel was pretty sweet!

haha yeah, rebecca romijn - i talked about her in the beautiful girls thread, but can't find any dark haired pics of her..

I loved Hostel - I actually dont know many people who did though. I thought the twist in the movie was cool (and a movie thats half about sex and half about gore cannot be a bad thing!)

PoisonSeed said:
I recently watched V for Vendetta (Ye I'm a bit late). Really liked it and i've heard the comic book is even better.

I had to read the comic book for a fiction class this semester, and I highly recommend it! It was cool that reading it lined up so well with the movie coming out so I could compare and contrast. I actually really enjoyed the movie as well (sans the cheesy comments from Evey at the end). I gotta give Natalie Portman props for actually shaving her head, though Hugo Weaving and John Hurt stole the show.

Lady_in_the_Water_94059c.jpg

"Lady in the Water" by M. Night Shyamalan.

M. Night Shyamalan, for me he is like the "Lovecraft" of our time. Actually i don't like to make similitudes, but this time i made an exception :) He writes his movies, how Lovecraft did to his stories back then, i think.

And his new movie "Lady in the Water" is in theaters in July 21st. Inspired by a bedtime story (written by Shyamalan for his children) here is the link for the trailers. Also there is an amazing music in the first trailer. I have high hopes about the soundtrack also. I can't wait :Smokin:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/ladyinthewater/

NOTE: Bryce Dallas Howard is in this one too. You'll remember her from The Village, which is one of my favorites. God, i love this Shyamalan guy. He is a genius.

IMO: Lovecraft :worship: :worship: :worship:
Shayamalan: :erk: :ill: :cry:

(Though i haven't see Lady In The Water yet. :) )

In The Mouth Of Madness is a cool "Lovecraftian" movie i think. What about Hellraiser I - II ?

I just watched the new Pink Panther movie again. I saw it in theatres when it came out and I don't think I ever laughed so hard/often in a theatre before :lol:

Go out and watch it if you haven't already!

For me, the Stanley Kubrick movies are my all time favorites.
2001 A Space Odyssey, A Clockwork Orange, and Full Metal Jacket.

RobbM said:
well, I just watched The Machinist as everyone here is raving about it. I for one found it a bit boring, and kinda a rip on Fight Club. The Jacket was better..
Finally somebody else that agrees on it being a Fight Club rip off:headbang:

When I finally watched Orange whilst NOT on drugs, I finnally realized that Kubrick was one sick, twisted fuck. Which reminds me I think I should watch The Wall again...

Yesterday, i've seen the best movie ever. OK, i might have been exaggerated :) But it was really good. "The Joy Luck Club". Has anybody seen this movie before ?

Androz said:
Finally somebody else that agrees on it being a Fight Club rip off:headbang:

Hmm, i can't say this a rip off, but a heavy influence. I also noticed Memento influences. Not original, but mostly exciting. And Christian Bale did a fantastic job... (How could he lose all that weight :ill: )