OT: Official Movie Thread!

Anyone seen Ong-bak? It's a muay thai movie starring this crazy guy called Tony Jaa who does impossible looking things but with no wires or special effects. In this one scene his trousers catch on fire and he does like a wu shu butterfly kick (I know it's not kung fu) to this guy's head. Unfortunately he isn't shredding while doing this, but then I'm not the director. If you like Jet Li and Jackie Chan, then you'll probably like Tony Jaa because he does what they do only better. Apparently there's a sequel out soon.

Also good is another Tony Jaa film called Tom Yum Goong, but it's only good because he kicks so much ass in it: the plot is executed quite poorly and there is an inordinate amount of cheese in this movie.

Yeah I've seen Ong-bak - Tony Jaa is really cool, but the girl in it REALLY shit me with her voice :lol: - the whole movie is just basically him showcasing what moves he can do, for that value its cool, but don't go looking for storyline or good acting.

Anyone seen Nacho Libre yet? I heard it wasn't as good as it was anticipated to be, and that it wasn't very Jack Black of Jack Black.

haven't seen it.

My housemate took me to see the new Fast and the Furious the other night (not by my will, I wasn't paying). Man it sucked :lol: - I hated all of them though. The Australian girl in it doesnt even attempt to act, she just stands there giving lingering looks at the lead guy who I have trouble seeing as a grown up anyway, coz I remember him as the little 8yr old boy in the show American Gothic, or in the XFiles movie.

Some shit I downloaded in the last week:

Lucky Number Slevin (9/10) - Awesome mix of Pulp Fiction meets Sin City meets Oceans Eleven. Bruce Willis is one true badass. Clever dialogue mixed with a basic Tarentinoesque plot structure. Oh and Lucy Liu is actually hot in this movie and for once I don't want to punch her in the face.
(2003) Blind Swordsman: Zatoichi (8/10) - Insanely awesome sword fighting scenes, albeit the digitally animated blood looked like shit. Story was alright, but nothing to brag about.
Yojimbo (6.5/10) - When it comes to kickass Japanese film samurais, Yojimbo and Zatoichi are two most often mentioned. The story was a little hard to follow with all the dialects, but it wasn't too bad. Yojimbo's character was just pure awesome. Too bad there weren't enough fight scenes.
Zatoichi Meets Yojimbo (7.5/10) - What happens when everyone's favorite blind swordsman, gambler, and massage therapist meets the notorious renegade samurai, bodyguard, and crook? A solid hack and slash samurai film, that's what.
Dave Gorman's Googlewhack Adventure (9.5/10) - This film is comedic genius about a man who travels halfway around the world several times over to find googlewhacks using the money a publishing company gave him to write a novel. The same novel he'd been procrastinating writing for months.
Fargo (9/10) - Wow. If this weren't so damn funny, it'd border on disturbing.
The Squid and the Whale (2/10) - I don't give a shit what thousands of critics said, this movie was boring, pointless, and relied too much on metaphors and symbolism to be enjoyable. A few funny parts scattered in between the awkward pacing and lackluster story is the only thing keeping me from rating this lower. If I wanted to look for hidden meanings and analyze the shit outta something, I'd go back to high school and reread every novel by Dickinson.

Coming up: Conan The Barbarian and Once Upon a Time in the West

Kronikle66 said:
Coming up: Conan The Barbarian

oh man Conan!! I haven't seen that movie since I was about 5 and even then I could see the awesomness in its shittiness! I should get that out again some day to watch when I'm drunk :lol:

Has anyone ever seen a movie called Four Rooms? I've been looking and looking for that movie again but it seems to be gone from the shelves (maybe I'll get it on Amazon). It's a classic movie!

SilentRealm said:
oh man Conan!! I haven't seen that movie since I was about 5 and even then I could see the awesomness in its shittiness! I should get that out again some day to watch when I'm drunk :lol:

There's actually a drinking game to it that I'm planning on trying out.

"LATEST NEWS!!! THE CONAN THE BARBARIAN DRINKING GAME IS NOW FDA APPROVED!

Rules:

195 proof or else your not as hard core as CONAN!

1: Take a shot every time he flexes.

2: Take a shot every time he kills somone.

3: 2 Shots every time he has sex.

4: 1 Shot every time the asain dude makes a funny.

5: 1 Shot for every naration scene.

6: 2 Shots for every time he hits a camel.

7: Every time CONAN drinks keep up with him!

If you throw up, you're not as hard core as CONAN!"

be tr00

-heavy metal parking lot

-decline of western civilaztion part II the metal years

-spinal tap

-waynes world I & II

-bill and tedsmost excellent adventure

-decline of western civilaztion part II the metal years (listed twice because of its awesomness, and because its the best movie ever)

-star wars

-lotr

-waterworld

-snakes on a plane

War_Blade said:
be tr00

-heavy metal parking lot

-decline of western civilaztion part II the metal years

-spinal tap

-waynes world I & II

-bill and tedsmost excellent adventure

-decline of western civilaztion part II the metal years (listed twice because of its awesomness, and because its the best movie ever)

-star wars

-lotr

-waterworld

-snakes on a plane

i agree on all of those except Snakes.

western civ:
"what is your occupation?"
"i'm a stand-up philosopher"
"ah. bullshit artist. did you bullshit last week?''
"no"
"did you try to bullshit lastweek?"
"yes."

best scene in the whole movie.

I never heard of Heavy metal parking lot, another rockumentary I see.

But on the note of Heavy Metal, both Heavy Metal and Heavy Metal:2k kicks ass. If you've never seen Heavy Metal 2000 you owe it to yourself to rent it, or, fuck it, go buy it. This movie can hold its own agenst any Anime out there...and Pantera's on the soundtrack :headbang:

Montu Sekhmet said:
i agree on all of those except Snakes.

western civ:
"what is your occupation?"
"i'm a stand-up philosopher"
"ah. bullshit artist. did you bullshit last week?''
"no"
"did you try to bullshit lastweek?"
"yes."

best scene in the whole movie.

Wasn't that in Mel Brooks' History of the World Part 1?

Oh yeah, I almost forgot!! Not exactly 80's, but all amazing movies.
Mel Brooks Masterpieces;
Hostory of the World part 1
Blazing Saddles
Robin Hood: Men in Tights (CALL THE LOCKSMITH!!!!!)
Spaceballs

Monty Python Masterpieces:
The Meaning of Life
And Now for Something, Completely Ddifferent!!
Holy Grail (way too outplayed though. The jokes have been killed to death.)
The Life of Brian
many more

Other:
Behind the Music: BUG CITY STYLE!! (featuring me as the nameless drummer!! :lol:)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6659239198588476131&q=behind+the+music+bug+city

My favorite movies of all time:

Ocean's Eleven/Twelve
Happy Gilmore
Any old Adam Sandler movie actually.
Home Alone (anyone who disagrees is a moron. I must have watched this movie more times than any other movie ever. Seriously, go watch it right now! John Williams does a SUPERBE job with the music too.)