OT: Official Movie Thread!

ST: Voyager? WTF are you talking about? It has nothing to do with Homers Odyssey, where as O' Brother was an actual adaptation of the story, just rewritten for the Depression era.

RobbM said:
ST: Voyager? WTF are you talking about? It has nothing to do with Homers Odyssey, where as O' Brother was an actual adaptation of the story, just rewritten for the Depression era.
Voyager was totally the Odyssey in the future, the starship from planet Earth getting pulled to the other side of the galaxy by a deity-like entity in the 1st episode and then not getting back to Earth till the last episode, it was an galactic scale Odyssey copy

Can you please state the similarities of Odyssey and "oh brother" thingy. Cause i hated the movie, and so far i am sure i know the odyssey but i never think about it any second watching the movie. may be i slept all the way :)

turke said:
Can you please state the similarities of Odyssey and "oh brother" thingy. Cause i hated the movie, and so far i am sure i know the odyssey but i never think about it any second watching the movie. may be i slept all the way :)

theres tons:

The lead character is named Ulysses, theres the sirens that seduce them, one of the characters get transformed into an animal (kinda) , they battle the cyclops (Big Dan) and the whole point of the story is that Ulysses is trying to get home because his wife (the queen) is marrying someone else. I'm sure theres more, thats all I can remember for now.

Braveheart, definitely one of the best films ever made, IMHO.

Has anyone ever seen "The Odyssey" with Armand Assante and Vanessa Williams? I think it was a made for TV movie, came out about 10 years ago or so. I thought that one was pretty enjoyable! But there may be better versions out there.

RobbM said:
theres tons:

The lead character is named Ulysses, theres the sirens that seduce them, one of the characters get transformed into an animal (kinda) , they battle the cyclops (Big Dan) and the whole point of the story is that Ulysses is trying to get home because his wife (the queen) is marrying someone else. I'm sure theres more, thats all I can remember for now.

Wow that was good. I watched the movie half awake, it was so boring for me. But i'd like to watch the original odssey if someone tries to make a new movie out from this myth.

Actually i really don't like that Mel Gibson guy. But his reactions in that movie when he realises he is betrayed by his own man was really touchy.

Nemesis_lxix said:
Who likes Mel Gibson ?
I only wish that there was some other actor on that role !

You didn't like him in Braveheart? What is it you don't like? He's a good, serious actor. Well, at least when he gets down to business. I know he can be a goofball sometimes. At least he has a sense of humor, unlike others!

Androz said:
Yeah, I don't like Mel Gibsaon either, but he was good on Bravehart I mean "We should make Spears... hundreds of them" *keeps chewing*
FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!11!!!111111!!!ONEONEONEO!!!!!!ELEVENTYONEHUNDREDELEVEN!!!!!!!!111!!!