OT: The beer thread

Oh, yes, there is a beer called Mephistopheles. Made by Avery. Very sweet with residual sugars, but once it warms to room temp it rocks hard. Or maybe that's just the 15.1% (this year's vintage is up to 16.4%, I think) talking to me. Screaming at me, more like it...

For my money, it doesn't get much better than this:

585.jpg

http://www.ratebeer.com/Beer/rogue-hazelnut-brown-nectar/585/

Fair for the right occasion. But, in my mind, any beer requiring lime lacks proper beer flavor. Negra is much better than Dos Equis, but I still enjoy it during the summer months.

XX Ambar does not requiere lime/lemon bro the XX lager the green bottle probably, the Ambar is an almost dark beer without the after taste :kickass:
And yes Negra Modelo is great too better than Bohemia in my opinion

Warm Beer in general just doesn't go down well for me.

You must drink ales at warmer temps to get the true flavors of the beer. Or you can swallow it cold and miss out on a potentially great taste experience.

Do keep in mind lagers (pilsners, etc. - as in BudMilloors and other American "swill") do not taste so good above about 40°F and the "colder is better" rule definitely applies.

A good ale is complex in flavors of fruits and esters and to taste these flavors the ale must be a little warmer (45-55°F). There just isn't much sense to drinking these beers fast nor frozen. Let it warm a bit and you'll see what I mean.

I really want to try this one too, but it was something like 5 dollars for the one bottle... some other time, when my wallet is fuller :)
$5 for one bottle? Who the hell charges that much for anything other than hard liquor?
You must drink ales at warmer temps to get the true flavors of the beer. Or you can swallow it cold and miss out on a potentially great taste experience.

Do keep in mind lagers (pilsners, etc. - as in BudMilloors and other American "swill") do not taste so good above about 40°F and the "colder is better" rule definitely applies.

A good ale is complex in flavors of fruits and esters and to taste these flavors the ale must be a little warmer (45-55°F). There just isn't much sense to drinking these beers fast nor frozen. Let it warm a bit and you'll see what I mean.
I don't really know, as I'm not really a beer connoisseur and all I've had is lagers. It's all that's ever there.
And when yo say Fruits, you don't mean Apples and Oranges and those kinds of fruits, do you? 'Cause I'd kill for a Kiwi-Strawberry flavored beer. :p
And it's not really the flavor, so much as it is the texture of warm beer. It just doesn't slide down like a good cold one does. (Then again, Ales are probably different there also) A nice cold lager just slides right down without any problems for me, and I can take more at a time also.
Once again, I've only had lagers, so I still have yet to pop my ale cherry.

I pay over $10 for a bottle of some beers. A 12-oz bottle of Dogfish Head's Worldwide Stout cost $10.99 at Bubbles in Castle Rock, CO. I would have been a fool to pass that by just because of cost.

But I guess that's the flexibility found in having a good job, eh? Support of the beer snobbery...

Most bombers (22-oz bottles) of craft brew (I prefer that term over microbrew) will usually run $2.99-$8.99 with 750's going for $4.99-12.99 (mostly Belgians though).

Busch Light = Fail

Or maybe not fail, but for lagers, I'll take Miller Lite any day. I was drinking with my bro last night and all he ever gets are cases and cases of the stuff, and it was kinda depressing.
I would've made him get ales, but you can't play beer pong with ales.
Its a big bottle, and its also a micro brew.
Well it's a 22 oz. bottle and is far better than most beers. I'd definitely take a $5 bottle of beer over a $5 bottle of hard liquor any day.
That's reasonable.