OT: The beer thread

Ahem...

2360.jpg

:kickass:

Dammit, now I'm thirsty!

F'in' good beer though.

Ugh....one day I will relate my "ice" beer overdose story, along with the 2 day hangover/projectile vomiting details....Sorry, no pics....they would have been "epic"
God dammit, you caught me before I could say "Pics or it didn't happen."

Fuck... that's tempting me to go to the bottle-o now...

Haven't actually had one of those... any good?

I'm going to have to get my mate Teague to show me the ropes with homebrewing too... or just steal his finished product. :p

Go to the belgian beer cafe - its on murry st in the city - awesome beer a plenty - its not a bad brew, a wheat beer, pretty easy drinking - perfect for a sat night binge! :kickass:
If i wasnt having such a big one id have stuck to the delerium tremens, rochefort 10's etc but as they'll cost you up to $16 a stubby, they are not too friendly on the wallet.

With the shit month I've been having, I need to bump this thread.

At least there's great news on the American craft beer front:

Brewers Association Reports Mid-Year Numbers 736 Pearl Street
Boulder, Colorado 80302 USA
+1.303.447.0816
+1.888.822.6273
www.beertown.org

The Brewers Association is excited to announce growth numbers for the first half of 2007.

1) A news release can be viewed at: BeerTown

The story on the craft beer segment for the first half of 2007 is that growth increased 11% and dollar sales increased 14%! Talking points on this release:

• Craft beer growth continues to break records with a volume increase of 11% and dollar increase of 14% in the first half of 2007 compared to the same period in 2006.

• For the first time ever craft beer has exceeded more than a 5% dollar share of total beer sales.

• In the first half of 2007 the beer category sold one million more barrels with 400,000 of these new barrels produced by craft brewers.

• Craft beer sales, in barrels, for the first half of 2007 was 3.768 million compared to 3.368 million barrels sold in the first half of 2006.

The thingy with Hoegaarden is that they moved their brewery and are using othere source water now. Alot of Belgian beer drinkers disagreed with the idea and Hoegaarden lost some trust.
Still, it's a good one!

The thingy with Hoegaarden is that they moved their brewery and are using othere source water now. Alot of Belgian beer drinkers disagreed with the idea and Hoegaarden lost some trust.
Still, it's a good one!

If you like hoegaarden you must try wittekerke or white rascal ...hoegaarden is like the piss water version of a belgian wit....try a wittekerke, white rasacal or an ommnegang whitte////those are awesome :kickass:

Been rawkin' the Stone brewery myself lately, enjoying both the Smoked Porter and the Ruination IPA (of which i have two bottles at the moment). Great stuff.

Ruination's my fave all-time. I love that stuff. And now it's available in six packs (albeit for $13.50 here). Stone freakin' ROCKS.

I'm trying to find a reason to visit my counterparts in San Diego so I can head up to Escondido and hit the brewery.

I can't find the Ruination in 6pack here :(

On that note, i think it's the end of this month they're bringing out... shit, i think this is right... oaked bastard as a year 'round 6 pack. This is exciting for me. I do enjoy the arrogant bastard quite a bit, but i've never had the (mis)fortune of having my ass kicked by the double bastard or the oaked bastard.

It took quite a while for the Ruination six packs to show up here. I imagine you'll get them soon enough. Stone just released them earlier this year.

DB is pretty tough. The alcohol is biting. But it turns into a very good beer with a few months of age. The OAB is f'ing fantastic - a smoother AB with slight vanilla notes from the oak.

Also look for any available Vertical Epics. The 07.07.07 is still widely available in stores here. I really liked the 06.06.06. I have one bottle laid down and I think I have one more for drinking. Maybe two. I hope two.

Also, if you can find the 10th Anniversary IPA, it kicks ass. My favorite was the 9th Anniversary though, but I am well out of stock on that one.

Well then i'm looking even more forward to the oaked bastard now... that sounds awesome.

Yeah, the vertical epic for 07 is still available by the case here. So what's the deal with that? Is it good to drink straight away? I understand the intention on those is to let them age for...er... quite some time. I think you went over this earlier in the thread, but i'm still a bit unclear as to if it should be consumed straight away or if i need to buy like 10 of them and drink one every 5 months. :lol:

Hey reidie...how have you been?

I like those quite a bit myself.

Some other favs are:

Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, Brooklyn India Pale Ale and a Guiness with two fingers of Jameson...among hundreds of others!

Yeah good mate, same old same old - good to see you down this neck of the woods :kickass:

Recovering from yet another hang over atm, not hoegaarden this time though....

bout%20delirium.gif

Well then i'm looking even more forward to the oaked bastard now... that sounds awesome.

Yeah, the vertical epic for 07 is still available by the case here. So what's the deal with that? Is it good to drink straight away? I understand the intention on those is to let them age for...er... quite some time. I think you went over this earlier in the thread, but i'm still a bit unclear as to if it should be consumed straight away or if i need to buy like 10 of them and drink one every 5 months. :lol:

You can drink them as you see fit. They will have different flavors as they age. They're huge ales, typically in the 8-10% ABV range, which makes them suitable for aging. The concept from Stone is to get one of each year and cellar it until you get to December, 2012, and then you can have a "vertical" tasting of each of the beers. For the last couple years, I usually get six of them to save one and drink the rest throughout the year they're made. The 06.06.06 was bad ass with the anise coming through early in age and quite subdued but still present a year later.

Currently enjoying a Unibroue Trois Pistoles (thanks, Matt).

Some more of my favorites...any comments?

Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout

Sierra Neveda Bigfoot Barleywine and Celebration Ale

Anchor Porter and Old Foghorn Barleywine

Duvel

Samichlaus

In the fridge at the moent.
Samuel Adams Cherry Wheat
Samuel Adams Summer Ale

I also dig Moretti, Hansa(Norwegian beer I had about 20 years ago), and Alagash to name a few.

Some more of my favorites...any comments?

Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout

Sierra Neveda Bigfoot Barleywine and Celebration Ale

Anchor Porter and Old Foghorn Barleywine

Duvel

Samichlaus

Where are you getting Samichlaus? Send me some!

All good beers you've listed, for sure. I can make a wicked Celebration clone. I think I still have a couple '05 Bigfoots in the fridge.