OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a stubborn bastard too...so that with NFF and everyone else here. This won't die.
yeah, I got approved for the time off to go to Texas. 2nd time seeing Anthrax, first was on the minimum rock tour at the Gorge in Washington state. This'll be cool...going backstage.

:D:D
2489360.jpg

I just found this!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT'S METALLICA, JIM - BUT NOT AS WE KNOW THEM!!!

I imagine millions of paunchy, portly, middle-aged Bay Area (that'll be Cardiff Bay) Thrashers are about to experience terminal seizures. Sit down and prepare yourselves for some life threatening FACTS...!

FACT... St Anger does not feature ONE single guitar solo!!!

FACT... GONE is the Band's rich, layered, classic heavy sound!!!

FACT... OUT go Metallica's trademark big, fat RIFFS!!!

FACT... IN comes a stripped down, vibrant, almost DEMO sound quality!!!

FACT... IN come shock 'Nu' Metal elements - expect an all pervasive echoey snare rimshot drum sound more reminiscent of Korn and SOAD than Lars in full flight!!!

FACT... IN come lots of very clear, upfront mix Hetfield vocals, an almost 'groove' dance heaviosity and, at times, a frankly proggy insistence to meander down unexpected melodic and tempo alleyways!!!

Standout tracks...

Track 2 - Title track St. Anger... long enough for the purists and heavy-as-fuck when it wants to be!

Track 4 - Dirty Window... faster, staccato drum rhythm. Wow... as metal as this album gets. Universal favourite of all present.

Track 8 - Sweet Amber... much more like traditional Quality Metallica.

Track 10 - Purify... like Amber, many familiar Metallica gems in amongst the new bits!

Most of the other tracks are top quality, Nu Metal-lica notables... especially Track 3 - Some Kind Of Monster; Track 6 - My World; Track 11 - All Within My Hands.

This is a BRAVE album; this is a confrontational album in which Metallica push the envelope... accept it or not - it's not their problem what you make of it... this is a healing album of a band which has met it's problems head on, and spat out the result for all to behold.

This is an album which will probably receive minimal critical review marks from the likes of Classic Rock and Terrorizer but near perfect maximums from Kerrang! and Rock Sound and Metal Hammer (NME will sarcastically scratch their heads like the dim fuckwits they are).

This is an album which risks losing many, many died-in-the-wool Metallica fans but which will probably win them many more new, younger fans.

This is an album that will finally win through and gain respect as the one that united a disparate and bitchy genre. It will reunite Metal for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.