OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hawking also appeared on a Pink Floyd song called "Keep Talking" of Division Bell (1994) ... he has that digitalized voice machine and you can hear him talk a couple of times in the song...

anthrax_moshing_maniac said:
FACT... St Anger does not feature ONE single guitar solo!!!

FACT... GONE is the Band's rich, layered, classic heavy sound!!!

FACT... OUT go Metallica's trademark big, fat RIFFS!!!

FACT... IN comes a stripped down, vibrant, almost DEMO sound quality!!!

FACT... IN come shock 'Nu' Metal elements - expect an all pervasive echoey snare rimshot drum sound more reminiscent of Korn and SOAD than Lars in full flight!!!

FACT... IN come lots of very clear, upfront mix Hetfield vocals, an almost 'groove' dance heaviosity and, at times, a frankly proggy insistence to meander down unexpected melodic and tempo alleyways!!!
FACT... Metallica will whine about how downloading has affected their music sales of St. Anger

FACT... The real reason is that with each album, they sell-out more and more, alienating their real fans while trying to woo top-forty stations that have the attention span of a gnat

FACT... Seeing the words "Nu-metal" and "Korn" in promotional materials guarantee that I will NEVER buy this album.

It's a shame that can't write albums like they use to they were great in the 80's. They should get rid off that money grabbing cunt lars get a drummer who can drum live. Here's another review thing off another message board

I hate the drums on this album, they're annoying as fuck...as annoying as Lars can get when he opens his mouth, they're there all the time, never stop, especially the 'clank, clank, clank'

If they're trying to inject a breath of fresh air and more contemporary sounds into their music, they're looking in the wrong direction anyway, all the NU elements are not very innovative

To me it sounds unfinished, repetitive and pretty boring actually
It's going to be interesting to hear different reactions and opinions. Just one thing, don't expect Master of Puppets like it has been said in some reviews, it's got nothing tod do with it!

Yeah...yeah...yeah...I'm just remembering the good years. I'm an optimist you might say. White Zombie will get back together, Cliff Burton will rise from the grave, Anthrax will debut at #1, Seahawks will win the Super Bowl and the Mariner's will win the world series.

Riehlthing said:
Yeah...yeah...yeah...I'm just remembering the good years. I'm an optimist you might say. White Zombie will get back together, Cliff Burton will rise from the grave, Anthrax will debut at #1, Seahawks will win the Super Bowl and the Mariner's will win the world series.

Whatever it is you're on, did you bring enough for the class? :lol:

anthrax_moshing_maniac said:
It's a shame that can't write albums like they use to they were great in the 80's. They should get rid off that money grabbing cunt lars get a drummer who can drum live. Here's another review thing off another message board

Hmmm...isn't it a little difficult to get rid of one of the two founding members 22 years after the band was formed, who co-wrote all but one of the band's original songs?

Riehlthing said:
Frickin Lars...but I might buy it. Probably will actually. Hoping they get better.
NO!!! You're talking CRAZY!!
Imagine this:
Riehlthing isn't sure if he wants to buy the new Selloutica CD, so he decides to sample it. He logs onto his favorite file sharing program and downloads a couple new songs. He likes them.
24 hours later, he buys the new Selloutica CD. Then he decides to check out another album. So he logs onto his favorite file sharing program, but reads "Access Denied". He trys and trys to logon to sample some MP3s, but it is no use.:(
Lar$ the Bitch has traced Riehlthing's downloads. And has had him kicked off of his favorite file sharing program.
Riehlthing considers assassinating Lar$ the Bitch........

This is based on a true story. It happened to me.
BOYCOTT SELLOUTICA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.