OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This news was in a few magazines, I don't remember which ones.
I couldn't log on to Napster because I downloaded that shitty-ass song "I Disappear".
Lars had hundreds of thousands of Napster users/Metallica Fans kicked off for downloading that piece of shit.

I know Napster was the focus of it all, not like other programs out there don't have assloads of Metallica on it or anything. Yeah, people were going to go buy a whole soundtrack for a shitty movie for one song because Metallica stood on a rock for the video. Now that I know this, I'm sooo downloading St. Anger just cause I can. :)

ThraxDude said:
NO!!! You're talking CRAZY!!
Imagine this:
Riehlthing isn't sure if he wants to buy the new Selloutica CD, so he decides to sample it. He logs onto his favorite file sharing program and downloads a couple new songs. He likes them.
24 hours later, he buys the new Selloutica CD. Then he decides to check out another album. So he logs onto his favorite file sharing program, but reads "Access Denied". He trys and trys to logon to sample some MP3s, but it is no use.:(
Lar$ the Bitch has traced Riehlthing's downloads. And has had him kicked off of his favorite file sharing program.
Riehlthing considers assassinating Lar$ the Bitch........

This is based on a true story. It happened to me.
BOYCOTT SELLOUTICA!!!
Uh, I don't use file sharing anymore. :)
My mp3's come from my own cd collection as backup on my harddrive so I don't have put in a disk when I want to hear Anthrax or White Zombie. Same for work. I burned the mp3's onto cds and took them to my work computer.

Riehlthing said:
Uh, I don't use file sharing anymore. :)
My mp3's come from my own cd collection as backup on my harddrive so I don't have put in a disk when I want to hear Anthrax or White Zombie. Same for work. I burned the mp3's onto cds and took them to my work computer.

Ah, man! PLEASE don't give those cunts your money. What if you buy it and HATE IT?
You are aware that you cannot get a refund if you open the shrink-wrap? And if you hate it and sell it to a used CD store, Metallica wins! They still have your sale!
PLEASE BOYCOTT SELLOUTICA!!!!

Riehlthing said:
But if it turns out that it is good, I'll be happy...chances of that small...but I'll buy it. It's the memories of Cliff and what James used to be like...

I liked all of their albums. They changed, I stuck with them. They cut their hair, I stuck with them. I thought the Loads were cool. I defended them.
They sued their fans (the Napster people). So I hate them. The don't give one shit about any of their fans. They ONLY CARE about money. That is a fact.
Go ahead and support them. *sighs*

ThraxDude said:
I liked all of their albums. They changed, I stuck with them. They cut their hair, I stuck with them. I thought the Loads were cool. I defended them.
They sued their fans (the Napster people). So I hate them. The don't give one shit about any of their fans. They ONLY CARE about money. That is a fact.
Go ahead and support them. *sighs*
I like parts of Load, it's better than Reload. A handful of songs on Reload. When I listen to anything off of Reload (can't remember last time I did), it just doesn't seem like Metallica. The vocals don't sound right and the songs don't sound like Metallica. I think of it as something different. It's like Risk from Megadeth, that's a hard rock album, not a metal album.

Today is gonna suck. Was out last night with a friend of mine, and she and I went to another friend's house, didn't get home till 2ish, and had to work at 6am. Good thing today's the short day, I can sleep after I get off work at 10am.

I defended Metallica after the black album, because I thought they broke into mainstream on their own terms. Sure they tightened up the songs to 4 or 5 minutes each, but it was still metal. Which is why their subsequent Loads of Shit baffled and disappointed me...they'd reached the top on their own terms, so why were they changing now? Despite that horrid first release off Load (was it called Until It Sleeps?), I bought it anyway, and it collects dust on my shelf. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, because who doesn't have a bad album once in a while, I bought Reload and cursed myself for being burned twice. Although I already had most of disc two, I purchased Garage Inc. hoping for redemption. Sadly, the stark contrast between disc one and disc two shows just how far they've fallen. Fortunately, I had learned enough of a lesson to avoid S&M altogether, and from what I've heard on the radio, it seems like a wise decision.

So I feel I given Metallica enough of my money and my patience. I've given them many chances to redeem themselves. The whole Napster thing was the icing on the cake. I wouldn't have bought St. Anger anyway, but I might download it and burn it just for the hell of it. Just to say "Fuck you, Metallica. I've paid for three piles of shit, I get the fourth one free."

Riehlthing said:
I have the Europe release, I'll have US release soon.
I'm debating about buying the US release, as I already have the European version. Yes, I support Anthrax, but I've already supported them at more than double the price of those who waited, and I'm not sure a video that I'll only watch once on my computer justifies a second copy. Perhaps if they'd put a different bonus track not available on the European release, I might have been more in favor.

Or maybe if they show up for an in-store record signing on Monday like they'd originally planned. :p

I liked "-Human" because it reminded me of how "Sad But True" was and I really liked that song. I debated going to Summer Sanitarium when I heard Mudvayne was going, but damnit, $80+ to see Mudvayne and to put up with Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park? No way. Metallica can't redeem that. I'm disappointed Metallica is taking Limp Bizkit and puzzled, didn't they hate each other over Napster?

Here Here. Although i quite liked load and garage inc i thought reload had far too many dross toones on it. I quite liked Garage Inc though mainly for the version of blitzkreig even though it was recorded during the ride the lightning age. But i will be a bit more slectful of St Anger downloading a couple of tunes to see how they are. I have done that with a few bands and made selective purchases from there.

Do you reckon the only reason metallica are doing the tour with linkin park limp bizkit is cause they no that bands like anthrax slayer priest mercyful fate kreator can play live and metallica don't want to look like fools when they got a drummer who can't keep a beat for more than a few seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.