OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Metal Maiden said:
Naturally, you silly man. ;)

On a (very)side note: If you ever need to get a new cell phone w/o a fucking phone service plan (You know, myphonesbrokeIalreadyhaveserviceI'minacontratIcan'tgetoutofsoIJUSTWANTAFUCKINGPHONE :yell: ) go to Best Buy. If you find another place, don't tell me. :bah:

Yes. I feel better now. :D
Um...this might be a dumb question, but why didn't you just get a phone where your contract is??

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
Um...this might be a dumb question, but why didn't you just get a phone where your contract is??

Because if you get the phone and the service agreement, the phone is free. If you already have an agreement and need to buy a phone, depending on what kind you want, it's retail price. The cheapest one I found there was $119.99. And it was a crappy phone. The phone would also be locked to that carrier (Cingular). So latter on down the road, if/when I change carriers, I'd have to get another phone. And if I am going to pay that much, or more for a phone, it's mine, I should be able to use it with whoever I want. So I had to go elsewhere and find one.

Metal Maiden said:
Because if you get the phone and the service agreement, the phone is free. If you already have an agreement and need to buy a phone, depending on what kind you want, it's retail price. The cheapest one I found there was $119.99. And it was a crappy phone. The phone would also be locked to that carrier (Cingular). So latter on down the road, if/when I change carriers, I'd have to get another phone. And if I am going to pay that much, or more for a phone, it's mine, I should be able to use it with whoever I want. So I had to go elsewhere and find one.
Ahhh...We paid for our phone and service agreement, I think the phone was $60 or so. I don't remember. I wouldn't pay $119.99 for a crappy phone, either.

At least you found one at Best Buy, which I find shocking, since they rarely have anything in stock. I was about to suggest Radio Shack, but then I remembered they're in bed with Sprint.

$120 for a crappy phone no way. I think that's how they get us. Get a decent plan and they give you good phone(s) or you pay an arm and a leg to get a good replacement phone. I haven't had a cell phone since 2000 or 2001. I was thinking of getting a pre-paid one for emergencies but I don't know. :Spin:

My best friend has a pre-paid phone because her truck is a POS. No one has the number (not even ME, shocking) except for her and her husband. I think she pays to load up more minutes only once or twice a year, but it's helped her greatly while stranded on the freeway. Oh, and one time she called 911 because this drunk asshole kept trying to swerve into her.

A friend of mine has a prepaid phone and she likes it.
The one I found at Best Buy is $49.99. At Nokia.com it's $150 so at Cingular it would have been more.

He killed his former in-laws (parents and sister), strangled his 10-month-old, and took off with his ex-wife's three daughters, two of which are his. The mother was in Oregon visiting her boyfriend and the in-laws had the girls while she was gone. There's an Amber Alert for the girls. It happened yesterday, so they could be anywhere.

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0108ChildrenMissing08-ON.html

I really hate people.

Reactions: GASOLINEDREAM
Status
Not open for further replies.