OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I stopped going in there a long time ago. I just went after Christmas because my parents got me a gift card, which I don't know why because they know I never shop there, but anyway, if it wasn't for that gift card, I wouldn't have gone in. But then, I wouldn't have my new Armored Saint either (new for me, not AS :) ) so I guess I shouldn't complain too much. Although I found it odd that I couldn't locate The Fellowship of the Ring anywhere.

I need to purchase some Saint. I only had the March of the Saint album and that tapes been worked. They used to get so much air play on KNAC I never worried about hearing them and they still get played alot on KNAC.com. They flat out rock and are awesome live.

I've got serious issues about spending money on myself, as in, I never do it. Even the LOTR DVD I got was for my husband, even though I swore to him that I really, really wanted it (I did, but not as much as he did). I think he knew better, which is why he pushed me into the CD section in the first place.

I here ya. I buy some stuff for me but I don't mind being left out at Christmas, etc. I like to make sure the family is covered, so I don't worry to much about me sometimes. But do cherish those mornings where I get some peace and quiet while everyone else sleeps and I get the sports page and coffee.

Ha! Peace and quiet. I wish. I let my husband sleep in every weekend. Like yesterday, the kids were up at 7:30, he wandered out about noon. I only hope that when they're teenagers they'll like to sleep in as much as I did. I can't even sit on the couch and read in peace.

It's nice when you can set out the cereal and a bowl the night before and they can get it. But then that stage didn't last long. She would rather have me get it for her. And if she sleeps with me on the weekend, in the morning she won't get up unless I do, but she won't let me sleep. She sits there and talks to me, like I'm awake until I am awake. Sometimes she'll let me sleep until 9:30.

On Best Buy. The problem is false advertising. Then when I gave the guy there a piece of my mind and thanked him for wasting my time, he tells me that he doesn't work for Best Buy. He works for the cellular service.

So I went to Cingular, expecting to pay a small fortune for a crappy phone and I got lucky. They just renewed my contract and I got the phone I wanted for $20. :D I'm happy now. Life is better. :tickled:

I get so jealous of my best friend. Her kids are 6, 8 and 10. The 10-year-old runs things while she gets to sleep in. She usually has a good mess going when she gets up, but she really doesn't mind. :)

When Joe gets up, he climbs in bed with me, but since he's wide awake, he just tosses and turns trying to get comfortable, and then two seconds later decides he needs a new spot. After about 10 minutes, I kick him out and get up with him. And I started making up their sippy cups at night, so I can just reach in and grab it when I'm not awake yet in the morning.

And then there are nights like last night, when I don't get to bed til 1 (DAMN BOOK!!!) and then wake up at 5 wide awake. And I have to get up to lock the door (because of my sneaky son) when my husband leaves, so that killed my chances of getting any decent rest (because he felt the need to leave early today).

A couple of times I over slept on a work day my son got up showered without me telling him and grabbed some cereal on his own and I gave him some lunch money when he was ready to go. Kid saved my bacon a couple of times.

I have parent whose like a child, a son and a neice, so its hard to even get 1/2 hr alone with the paper and coffee on a Sat\Sun morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.