OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
Bagless ones are everywhere. The trick is to find one that isn't self-propelled.

And of all the vacuums that I've used (Eureka, Dirt Devil, Hoover, and Bissell) Hoover works the best, lasts the longest, and requires the least amount of maintenance. I have a Hoover right now, but it takes bags and that's a pain in the ass, with all the Cheerios I vacuum up.

I'd like to find a bagless/beltless, but I'll settle for just a bagless for the right price. I just need to find the time to shop around. I can't go without one for very long at all.
I used to work at a vacuum cleaner company. (think of the most expensive vacuum cleaner you can think of--sold door-to-door) Personally, I hate bagless. The containers just get absolutely disgusting after a while. Windtunnel is a pretty good machine. What price range are you thinking? The units that are like 200 and up are much better, in my opinion, than the cheaper models. They are healthier (less crap gets back into your air) and they work well and last longer usually if you can afford them. I would check out prices online at like bizrate or something, then double-check at like Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart. IMO I agree with you that Hoovers are better than most of the other brands you mentioned. I bought a Hoover SteamVac V2. It's pretty awesome when we have time to clean.

GASOLINEDREAM said:
I used to work at a vacuum cleaner company. (think of the most expensive vacuum cleaner you can think of--sold door-to-door) Personally, I hate bagless. The containers just get absolutely disgusting after a while. Windtunnel is a pretty good machine. What price range are you thinking? The units that are like 200 and up are much better, in my opinion, than the cheaper models. They are healthier (less crap gets back into your air) and they work well and last longer usually if you can afford them. I would check out prices online at like bizrate or something, then double-check at like Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart. IMO I agree with you that Hoovers are better than most of the other brands you mentioned. I bought a Hoover SteamVac V2. It's pretty awesome when we have time to clean.
I'll get a steam cleaner one of these days. But at the moment, both of our mothers have one, so I'm not in a big hurry. And I'll be getting the Hoover SteamVac, because that's what his mom has and it works a hell of a lot better than my mom's Eureka.

As for prices, I've noticed that the ones that are over $200 are all self-propelled, which I don't want. I've seen them anywhere from $140-$230 for non-self-propelled. I wouldn't mind paying more to get something that will last, but it also has to be a model I want to stick around for a while.

Brat,

I recommend things like the HEPA filter and that usually drives the price up. I worked for Kirby, if you hadn't guessed. WHy does self-propelled bother you? I am not sure about how good the self-propelled things are. You'd probably do well with a propel--assist style if any of them have it. It makes it easier to push but works with you and won't run away from you.

I found heavier units get into the carpet better, so the heavier they get, the more you need some sort of assistance or self-propel.

Last word is "cold"

I have to get a HEPA type thing because my husband has ashtma, and just about everything irritates his lungs.

As for self-propelled, I'm not that thrilled with them, but my husband absolutely hates them. And buying a vacuum he hates would put an end to his twice a month vacuuming expeditions, and I'm not about to give up any help I can get without him bitching about helping. Therefore, I must go with non-self-propelled (even if it means I throw my back out several times a week). :)

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
I wouldn't go that far. The next one comes out in June (and Tad might be done in time to read it!).

He was reading last night. Only had 85 more pages to go. I think he'll be done before June. Now I've just got to find a way to get him to read LOTR. I was going to send him my copies w/his Chistmas stuff, but I forgot to add that to the box. bRaT, maybe you can help me nag him. :D

Metal Maiden said:
He was reading last night. Only had 85 more pages to go. I think he'll be done before June. Now I've just got to find a way to get him to read LOTR. I was going to send him my copies w/his Chistmas stuff, but I forgot to add that to the box. bRaT, maybe you can help me nag him. :D
Me? Nag? How dare you!! :lol:

I'm actually surprised he hasn't read it by now. I thought he'd be into it. The several times I've mentioned that I was working on it, he didn't say anything either way. I thought he was just letting me finish it undisturbed.

Hmmm....maybe if you put them in an Xbox box and wrapped it up with naked chick wrapping paper?? That would get him to pick them up. We'd have to come up with a better plan to get them read, though. :D

Naked chick paper? I'm gonna have to find some for his other present. :D Great idea!

And I though maybe if I just sent them he might pick it up after Wolves. It would be handy and he wouldn't have to go out and get it.

And I have no idea why I thought of you and nagging. :confused: :lol:

Yeah, you'll definitely have to send them to him so they're handy and he can't make up excuses about why he doesn't have them yet.

The problem still rests in LOTR vs. Xbox. We have to spark his interest in LOTR so Xbox loses out. But if Wolves loses to Xbox, I don't have much hope for LOTR.

And....

WENCH!!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.