OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
I no longer wish bad things to happen to Steve and Joe. But those fucking Backyardigans...... :yell:
Antonio likes shows in spurts, so we usually end up getting the DVDs because he watches them over and over. He's watched 16 consecutive episodes of Blue's Clues at a time. One day, he watched over 9 hours of the original Spiderman cartoon (half of the entire series in one day). But the worst is multiple episodes of Dora the Explorer...if I hear her yell "Louder! Louder!" one more fucking time I'm going to smash the TV.

Or how about:

I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map,
I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map,
I'm the map, I'm the map,
I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map,
I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map, I'm the map,
I'm the MAAAAP!!

remington69 said:
I was watching Lazytown with my nephew and that show freaked me out.

Lazytown is a fucked up show. But my son learned how to do jumping jacks at soccer practice, and he likes to do them before bedtime. So while he was "esser-sizing" one night, he got on the floor and did the 3-year-old's version of pushups. I asked my husband if he learned that from his coach, and my husband said he'd never seen him do it before. When I asked Joe where he learned it, he said from Sportacus. The following morning, they did one of those shorts-type things between shows, and there's Sportacus doing like 8 different versions of the push-up.

Oh, and one time, Joe ran into his room and put on a suit, complete with vest, so that he could be dressed like Robby Rotten. I thought that was pretty funny.

I actually just let them watch it in here (the living room) a little while ago. But I have my back to the TV, so I don't have to look at any of it.

As for Dora, I've had problems with her from the beginning, but I've gotten really, REALLY good at tuning her out. I don't get the kids DVDs of TV shows because I think they watch enough TV in the morning to last them through the day, but they do have some from birthday and Christmas gifts. Also, I'd rather have Finding Nemo on than half the shit Nick Jr comes up with.

All DVDs go in the playroom, so that when I decide they're done with my TV in the living room they can still watch something in the playroom, unless they're actually playing with the 8,000 toys in there.

But they're both pretty much all about Finding Nemo right now. I think I'm going to buy Shark Tale when it comes out tomorrow just to give ME something different to watch.

Ah, crap, Dora's on right now. You bastards jinxed me. We did it! We did it! We did it! Yay!

I buy the DVDs to minimize the amount of commercials for candy and toys that Antonio is exposed to. :D Plus, he gets fanatical about things...when he watches a show, he wants to watch it over and over, which is hard to do if he just watched it on TV.

Penis, Lotion, Gooey Geyser!! Penis, Lotion, Gooey Geyser!! Penis, Lotion, Gooey Geyser!! Penis, Lotion, Gooey Geyser!! Penis, Lotion, Gooey Geyser!! Penis, Lotion, Gooey Geyser!! Penis, Lotion, Gooey Geyser!! Penis, Lotion, Gooey Geyser!!
Penis, Lotion, Gooey Geyser!! Penis, Lotion, Gooey Geyser!! Penis, Lotion, Gooey Geyser!! Penis, Lotion, Gooey Geyser!! Penis, Lotion, Gooey Geyser!! Penis, Lotion, Gooey Geyser!! Penis, Lotion, Gooey Geyser!! Penis, Lotion, Gooey Geyser!!
Penis, Lotion, Gooey Geyser!! Penis, Lotion, Gooey Geyser!! Penis, Lotion, Gooey Geyser!! Penis, Lotion, Gooey Geyser!!

nafnikufesin said:
I buy the DVDs to minimize the amount of commercials for candy and toys that Antonio is exposed to. :D Plus, he gets fanatical about things...when he watches a show, he wants to watch it over and over, which is hard to do if he just watched it on TV.

Joey was fanatical when he was younger, which is why I gave a list to people for them on his birthdays and stuff. Well, for his preschool shows anyway. He does like to watch LOTS of Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents now. We started grabbing one for them when we got to Blockbuster now. It's fun to watch the kids fight over which one they're getting. (Tonya can beat some ass when she wants to.)

Also, while Nick Jr has commercials of stupid shit (credit counseling, Sears AC repair, etc.) on top of toys and candy, I see your point. But Playhouse Disney only advertises other Disney stuff, so it's not so bad. But right now they both want Nemo and Tonya wants Mickey Mouse, so I can avoid Dora when I need to.

geez - I didn't know Dora was a kid. What a dumbass you know NFF if there was still rep on this board I would be banished to the dog house with total negative rep for my antics the last few days :D

I officially hate computers. My computer finally starts working again, and what happens? I get a fucking virus. Just finished restoring my computer. Fuckin bastards! See it didn't go far though on this thread...slackers. Toe is feeling better, when the splint isn't cutting into my foot. I'm about at the point to say fuck it and not have the splint and deal w/ the pain of a toe.

DarbysDad said:
geez - I didn't know Dora was a kid. What a dumbass you know NFF if there was still rep on this board I would be banished to the dog house with total negative rep for my antics the last few days :D
Sheesh, DD! How can you be Anybody's dad and not know who Dora is??

Riehlthing said:
I officially hate computers. My computer finally starts working again, and what happens? I get a fucking virus. Just finished restoring my computer. Fuckin bastards! See it didn't go far though on this thread...slackers. Toe is feeling better, when the splint isn't cutting into my foot. I'm about at the point to say fuck it and not have the splint and deal w/ the pain of a toe.

How long did they say keep the splint on? If it wasn't a bad break, you may be able to get away with just taping the toe.

As for the computer, just put a giant condom over it. That'll help keep viruses away.

Status
Not open for further replies.