OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kobe and Shaq make a great 1-2 punch. But the team needs both to succeed. Without Shaq, Kobe is much less potent. Yes, Michael and Wilt had their team players, too, but I don't think Kobe quite in their league yet. That being said, the Lakers have found their groove, and despite what the naysayers might try and tell you, the Lakers should be one of the most feared teams in the league right now, and if I were the Mavs and the Kings, I'd be hoping the Lakers win a few more games to get them out of 7th or 8th, so they won't have to lose to the Lakers in the 1st round. Holy shit, that was a long sentence.

threadwontdie.jpg

Originally posted by nafnikufesin
Kobe and Shaq make a great 1-2 punch. But the team needs both to succeed. Without Shaq, Kobe is much less potent. Yes, Michael and Wilt had their team players, too, but I don't think Kobe quite in their league yet. That being said, the Lakers have found their groove, and despite what the naysayers might try and tell you, the Lakers should be one of the most feared teams in the league right now, and if I were the Mavs and the Kings, I'd be hoping the Lakers win a few more games to get them out of 7th or 8th, so they won't have to lose to the Lakers in the 1st round. Holy shit, that was a long sentence.

As a Laker fan I'd like that 7 or 8 seed. Get the shiznit out of the way right away. Has Han Solo would have said "Bring 'em on, I'd prefer a straight fight." But in reality, I think the Lakers are going to move into 5th or 6th. They can't push any further than that, but they are certainly better than the Rockets, Jazz, and Suns. I think you'll find that in the playoffs, the Lakers will play better on the road, so homecourt means nothing to them.

Okay, as a fellow Canadian, I have to knock you down a bit. He's a good player, probably the best Canada has ever produced. But the best player in the league? Since when did he get traded to the Ontario Basketball League :lol:

I do have to say he was a great pick for my fantasy basketball team, though. I got Kobe in the first round, Iverson in the second, and nobody had touched Nash by the third round, and now I'm cleaning up!

Hey NFF!
I was just kidding of course! Everybody knows that Canada's national basketball team is so bad that even Bart and Milhouse made it!!!
But seriously, Nash is a good scoring guard - Kobe is in a league of his own right now. One of my fav players is Allan Houston - he is inconsistent as a buzzsaw but has what I call the prettiest jump shot in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.