OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the point! That's what makes it so funny! Hell, you're supposed to know the punchline before you're told the joke.

There was another video that was perfect, but I can't find it now, of one person telling the joke to another. The one being told obviously knew the joke, and the hilarity was just in watching him as the teller just added shit to the middle.

I'm telling you, when I was 10 and my uncle told me I must have just stared at him for the 5 minutes it took him to get the whole thing out, when he finally hit me with the punchline I just about fell over laughing. My mother promptly kicked my ass a few weeks later when I started telling it to my friends.

nafnikufesin said:
What are ethics? :p

Thanks to Illinois' former governor (currently under indictment), I had to take this stupid online course called "Employee Ethics" because I'm a state employee. It was long, boring, and totally useless. I was almost tempted to answer "Take bribe" for most of the questions just to fuck with it. I mean, it's not like I work in some high up department. I'm a lab rat. What are people going to do, bribe me for my data?!? Hell, I'll give them it for nothing. Maybe they can figure out why we keep coming up with such funky results.

Ok, enough ranting. I'm going home now.

Well, my favorite customers are the ones who are shocked to find that the mac & cheese, baked beans and baked potatoes are all cold, even though they are kept in the salad case. I also like the ones who complain that it's cheaper to buy the container of potato and macaroni salad out of the case in front, than to have me scoop it out and weigh it. They have to pay my wages somehow!

Also the ones who ask for a chicken breast, and when I move a thigh out of the way to get to it, they say they'll take that piece...the THIGH. Then they argue with me over whether or not it is a thigh. And then there are the ones who complain that I don't have a register, even though Starbucks is about 15 feet away. But perhaps my favorites are the ones who come to me with produce issues, when they usually have to walk past the produce person to get to me. Oh, and the many people who come and ask where stuff is in the rest of the store, as if I have time to find out where tortillas are and commit it to memory. That's what grocery managers are for.

I'll stop now, but I could type forever. I love retail.

yeah, you gotta love that. I've had my share of dumb people from working tech support for an isp and computer companies, then customer care for a cell phone company. quit that job today. going to start my truck driving school week from monday, and make a lot more money, and if I get mad at someone, just run them over.

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
Well, my favorite customers are the ones who are shocked to find that the mac & cheese, baked beans and baked potatoes are all cold, even though they are kept in the salad case. I also like the ones who complain that it's cheaper to buy the container of potato and macaroni salad out of the case in front, than to have me scoop it out and weigh it. They have to pay my wages somehow!

Also the ones who ask for a chicken breast, and when I move a thigh out of the way to get to it, they say they'll take that piece...the THIGH. Then they argue with me over whether or not it is a thigh. And then there are the ones who complain that I don't have a register, even though Starbucks is about 15 feet away. But perhaps my favorites are the ones who come to me with produce issues, when they usually have to walk past the produce person to get to me. Oh, and the many people who come and ask where stuff is in the rest of the store, as if I have time to find out where tortillas are and commit it to memory. That's what grocery managers are for.

I'll stop now, but I could type forever. I love retail.

That story almost makes me want to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.