OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is some bullshit I ranted off on another message board a couple days ago. I'd just taken a handful of sleeping pills and they were just kicking in, I find that when I'm in that state I can rant about any given subject forever. I'm copy/pasteing it over here because it would be an awesome last word.

Bill Hicks may be the funniest man ever to live. No, that may be too far. There's still folk like Mark Twain & Richard Pryor, but I'm watching his 'One Night Stand' that I DVRed not long ago and never watched, and even though I've seen this special a hundred times, and even though I've heard most of this material on various CDs & compilations of his work probably millions of times, it's still fucking SLAYING me.

Bill Hicks said:
I can't kill anybody because I'm in my car smoking. And I've tried! They always see the glow. 'Shit, there's a big firefly coming this way! It's knocking over shrubs!'

Jesus man, why did Hicks have to get pancreatic cancer and die while the people who write Friends & Will & Grace or whatever get to not only live, but become rich for the 'comedy' they're spewing at us?

Bill Hicks said:
Not only do I think Marijuana should be legalized, I think it should be MANDATORY.

Can you just imagine what Hicks would be on stage saying right now with W in office, the war in Iraq, and all the bullshit Supersize Me I refuse to take the blame for the problems I've saddled myself with lifestyles Americans have taken. FUCKING BRILLIANT MAN!

Bill Hicks said:
Jesus murdered; Martin Luther King murdered; Malcolm X murdered; Gandhi murdered; John Lennon murdered; Reagan ... wounded.

The saddest part of Bill Hicks legacy, is that most of his CDs (official and 'bootleg') were recorded towards the end of his career, after he knew he had cancer and he knew he was about to die. I've had knock down drag out arguments with people over Hicks' genius but his apparent lack of material. That just don't get the fact that he was doing comedy for years, but only recorded sporadically until it was almost over, at which point he recorded almost everything, and like most artists he was working the same basic set at the time because that's just what he was working.

Bill Hicks said:
'Dinosaur fossils? God put those there to test our faith.' Thank God, I'm strapped in right now here, man. I think God put you here to test my faith, dude. You believe that? 'Uh huh.' Does that trouble anyone here? The idea that God ... might be ... fuckin' with our heads? I have trouble sleeping with that knowledge. Some prankster God running around: 'Hu hu ho. We will see who believes in me now, ha HA.'

247202-resized200.JPG

Bill Hicks, one of the greatest, funniest, most honest and brilliant men to ever live. I hope that there is an afterlife, and I hope that when I die, I get to meet him.

Bill. Hicks.

Ragamuffin said:
This is some bullshit I ranted off on another message board a couple days ago. I'd just taken a handful of sleeping pills and they were just kicking in, I find that when I'm in that state I can rant about any given subject forever. I'm copy/pasteing it over here because it would be an awesome last word.

Bill Hicks may be the funniest man ever to live. No, that may be too far. There's still folk like Mark Twain & Richard Pryor, but I'm watching his 'One Night Stand' that I DVRed not long ago and never watched, and even though I've seen this special a hundred times, and even though I've heard most of this material on various CDs & compilations of his work probably millions of times, it's still fucking SLAYING me.

Jesus man, why did Hicks have to get pancreatic cancer and die while the people who write Friends & Will & Grace or whatever get to not only live, but become rich for the 'comedy' they're spewing at us?

Can you just imagine what Hicks would be on stage saying right now with W in office, the war in Iraq, and all the bullshit Supersize Me I refuse to take the blame for the problems I've saddled myself with lifestyles Americans have taken. FUCKING BRILLIANT MAN!

The saddest part of Bill Hicks legacy, is that most of his CDs (official and 'bootleg') were recorded towards the end of his career, after he knew he had cancer and he knew he was about to die. I've had knock down drag out arguments with people over Hicks' genius but his apparent lack of material. That just don't get the fact that he was doing comedy for years, but only recorded sporadically until it was almost over, at which point he recorded almost everything, and like most artists he was working the same basic set at the time because that's just what he was working.

247202-resized200.JPG

Bill Hicks, one of the greatest, funniest, most honest and brilliant men to ever live. I hope that there is an afterlife, and I hope that when I die, I get to meet him.

Bill. Hicks.
i agree woth you dude
bill hicks rulez!, Rest In Peace

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
Why, Ragamuffin, I do believe that is your longest post EVER.

Yeah, I normally don't do long posts. I like to keep them as short and pointless as possible.

The followup post to that one was even longer blasting Denis Leary for stealing so much material, but then forgiving him evolving. I accidently deleted it though.

It was on another board.

And all this lame ass reunion crap and the influx of idiots it has brought keep pushing the important topics off the front page.

Ragamuffin said:
It was on another board.

And all this lame ass reunion crap and the influx of idiots it has brought keep pushing the important topics off the front page.

Uh...WORD.

This shit is getting old. I only come here anymore to watch this thread babble on into oblivion. Apparently my goal in life is to foil NFF's evil plot to outlast us all. :Smug:

bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
Uh...WORD.

This shit is getting old. I only come here anymore to watch this thread babble on into oblivion. Apparently my goal in life is to foil NFF's evil plot to outlast us all. :Smug:
You will not succeed. Even if I die, I am grooming Antonio to continue posting on my behalf until there is noone left standing but "NFF"!

Sleep? That's then the FBI gets you.

Ya know, this morning a guy hammering on a roof called me a paranoid little weirdo... in Morse code.

Status
Not open for further replies.