OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been to Canada like once in my life, and I only live a couple hours away too.
"Canadians won the Olympic Hockey," interrupted by cheers, "hey yeah, way to go...it's your only fuckin' sport!" Robin Williams Live on Broadway

It's one of my favorite dvds now...great dvd...a must own.

nafnikufesin said:
Hey, we play curling and Canadian football, too :lol:

Oh, he's got a line for Canadian football
"Canadians also have a mutant form of football. 'We have 12 men and a longer field,' You just go have fun then," Robin Williams
He said something about curling too, but I forgot.

Riehlthing said:
Oh, he's got a line for Canadian football
"Canadians also have a mutant form of football. 'We have 12 men and a longer field,' .
Just as much as the American mutant form. There are a number of people that suggest that the Canadian form was played first, although I can't confirm that. However, they both evolved around the same time. There's no question that the NFL has more money and therefore much more talented players, but personally, I find the CFL rules much more exciting to watch. To each his own.

nafnikufesin said:
Just as much as the American mutant form. There are a number of people that suggest that the Canadian form was played first, although I can't confirm that. However, they both evolved around the same time. There's no question that the NFL has more money and therefore much more talented players, but personally, I find the CFL rules much more exciting to watch. To each his own.

Football is football. I like watching pro teams, except that stupid XFL, that was pretty dumb. Not a fan of college football either. I'd watch CFL, but they don't show it here, and well, don't know when the season is.
I'm a fan of the Seahawks (yes they suck right now, but I'm sticking with them, thick or thin, they are my team. They will kick some ass this year coming year and so will the Mariner's)

NP - Anthrax "I Am The Law-Live"

Riehlthing said:
I'm a fan of the Seahawks (yes they suck right now, but I'm sticking with them, thick or thin, they are my team.
Who cares if they suck? I respect fans that stick with their team through thick and thin, as opposed to bandwagon fans (like 99% of Torontonians) that only come out to cheer or acknowledge that they like them if their team is in playoff contention.

How about those Leafs nff?? Detroit gave them a spanking that they'll remember for a while... ;)
And the Argos... don't think that Pinball was their best choice for a coach...
But, Toronto is still a better place for sports than Montreal - if the team wins two in a row: everybody foresees the Stanley Cup; if they lose two in a row, they should be firing everyone and reconstructing the club... hehe a fine bunch are we... :)

Actually, although I live in Toronto right now, I'm from Edmonton originally, and will be moving back there in July. So I'm an Esk and an Oil fan, which is where I draw my comparisons to Toronto. Edmonton is probably a quarter the size of Toronto in terms of population, yet the Esks draw at least twice as many fans per game. The Oilers have, what, a quarter of the Leafs budget and usually struggle just to make the playoffs just to face Dallas, but people support'em win or lose, as opposed to the Leafs, where fans suddenly start to emerge for a couple weeks in April and May. It's like what you said for Montreal. One win in a row and "The Cup is ours", one loss and "Quinn shouldn't have both jobs, why isn't he doing more to improve the team?"

mentalmeltdown said:
How about those Leafs nff?? Detroit gave them a spanking that they'll remember for a while... ;)
And the Argos... don't think that Pinball was their best choice for a coach...
But, Toronto is still a better place for sports than Montreal - if the team wins two in a row: everybody foresees the Stanley Cup; if they lose two in a row, they should be firing everyone and reconstructing the club... hehe a fine bunch are we... :)

Seattle's pretty laid back. Except if you coach the Huskies. No slack there. Not a Huskies fan anyways. Football, we're glad we have Holmgren, even if he has a losing record, oh well. He'll get us to where we want to be. The Mariner's, we loved Lou, eventhough many thought he lost us some games with pitching decisions, we never wanted to seem him leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.