OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I need to make a trip to Fogo de Chão for some endless meat.
I don't know if you heard of the place, but it's a Brazilian steakhouse that serves meat up on swords. You indicate if you want more meat by flipping this disc up to the green side. Then, Gaúchos come a-running with a choice of 15 meats.

It's a little pricey (like 60 bucks for dinner), but it's heaven.

Soccer semi-final action tonight...down 8-6 with 15 minutes left, so NFF gets thrown into net against the only undefeated team in the league...despite letting one long range top-corner bullet in, we score another to keep it close, then make a final push with 3 minutes left and score two late goals to tie the game 9-9. Yours truly, shakes in his boots at the prospect of overtime, but during the golden goal overtime, handles the first shot easily, boots a long ball to our top scorer streaking down the sidelines, who outraces two men and pots the winner, sending us into next week's final, where we look to win our second staight title.

Pretty exciting for a rec league, huh? :lol:

remington69 said:
Because of that ruffian Sportacus, my 5 year old nephew wants to be a vegetarian. (Which is breaking my brother-in-law's heart)

Sportacus isn't anti-meat, he's anti-sugar. But he does push the fruits and veggies quite a bit. My store has apples $0.39/lb and believe you me, I stocked the hell up. My kids are constantly up my ass to eat apples and take showers. They're so backwards, sometimes they scare me.

nafnikufesin said:
Pretty exciting for a rec league, huh? :lol:

I admire and appreciate your willingness to dumb it down and call it "soccer" so us Americans can follow what the hell you're talking about. :D

Right now my excitment involves deciding what to do with my time while my son spends 4 hours at karate school tonight. Take Tonya with us and go shopping, or ditch her at grandma's a catch a movie???? Hmm...

It's very tempting, but she has two ear infections and I don't want it to be the kind of thing where she drags me on Oprah when she's older because I left her when she needed her mommy, or something. Whereas if I take her shopping, and buy her something, I'll be the coolest mom in the world.

Well, we did ditch her, and boy was she pissed about it. My mom said she screamed for half an hour, then passed out. Then she woke up like 10 times, drank some juice, watched a video, and crashed again. She was there for just under 3 hours.

Meanwhile, we did some "parents only" shopping (yes, perv, you know what I mean) and then stopped and paid $49 for $27 worth of gas and picked up a few things at Wal-mart. I have GOT to get some stuff done in the garden this weekend, if I want my pumpkins to actually grow.

Now she's in bed, after getting all her medicine, I have no idea where the dog is, and my husband is probably out front talking to the neighbor when he should be leaving to pick up the boy. I have a day shift tomorrow, so I should be in bed already, but I still have another two loads of laundry to do. And that's MY exciting life.

Well, for the first time, tonight we diched both kids on the grandparents at once, so we could go to a football game. Both kids zonked at 7:45, pretty much ensuring the grandparents will be willing to do it again. In the meantime, I put down 10 beers before the beer sales ended at the end of the 3rd quarter, but my drunken beligerence could not help the sorry performance of the Eskies as they lost badly (despite the relatively close appearance of the 16-11 scoreline) to a far inferior Calgary Stampeders. On paper, we should have the best team in the league, but thanks to mediocre coaching (which management asked for when they picked Macocia over Marshall) and an awful offensive line, we're going to struggle for home advantage in the West semi-final.

I remember how exciting it was when I was able to leave Tonya, too. They always go to one of their grandma's house, so I don't have to worry about them. No matter how retarded my parents or my in-laws can be, they did manage to raise at least one kid who turned out normal for each set, so they can handle a few hours.

And she woke up just fine the next day, Ragamuffin, so fuck you. :D And I'm doing it again this weekend, because it's my bithday, and I can. So fuck you again.

Oh yeah, I said it.

hey, I would've preferred being stung by a bee compared to what this weekend was. You'd think going to 2 Gigantour dates would be a great time. You would think that. I thought that. Up until...well, I'll post the experience in it's own thread.

Riehlthing said:
hey, I would've preferred being stung by a bee compared to what this weekend was. You'd think going to 2 Gigantour dates would be a great time. You would think that. I thought that. Up until...well, I'll post the experience in it's own thread.

Shit...I just read that thread. That fucking sucks. Just like when I saw them at the House of Blues in April. My backstage pass turned into a free ticket.

Status
Not open for further replies.