OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bRaTpRiNcEsS said:
I'm digging the tie-breaker shootout thing. That's pretty cool. The Coyotes could be doing better, but they've done worse, so I guess it's an improvement. I decided I'm not going to a game this year unless some free tickets come my way, because the new arena is a good two hours and tank of gas away.
Cujo needs to get hurt because I've got Boucher in my hockey pool and need to see him get some playing time now that he's back from injury.

Tie-breakers are fine for the regular season since the game would have ended tied anyway, so it doesn't really hurt anyone, but I hope they never consider using it in the playoffs. It's exciting and all, but its not real hockey, it's just a skills competition.

Soccer is the same way, it's ridiculous that the World Cup could be decided by a penalty shootout. Why not let a team win a world championship soccer title by playing *gasp* soccer?

nafnikufesin said:
The Oil pulled it off, coming from a 4-2 deficit to score a goal with less than a minute left to win 5-4. Made even sweeter by the Calgary fans sitting next to us trying to taunt us all game, until we got the last laugh. :headbang:
Kings in a shootout over the Canucks.

Yeah, it hasn't snowed in a long time, yet all the snow remains on the ground. It sucks, but snow on Christmas is traditional, and I can't imagine a Christmas without snow. I think last year it snowed on Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.