OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm usually not a praying-man. But if you're up there-- Please! Help me Superman!"
Homer said something like that.

One of the best ever:

Agent: Tell you what, sir. From now on, you'll be, uh, Homer Thompson
at Terror Lake. Let's just practise a bit, hmm? When I say,
"Hello, Mr. Thompson," you'll say, "Hi."
Homer: Check.
Agent: Hello, Mr. Thompson.
Homer: [stares blankly]
Agent: Remember now, your name is Homer Thompson.
Homer: I gotcha.
Agent: Hello, Mr. Thompson.
[A long time later]
Agent: [sighs in frustration] Now, when I say, "Hello, Mr. Thompson,"
and press down on your foot, you smile and nod.
Homer: No problem.
Agent: Hello, Mr. Thompson! [stomps on Homer's foot a few times]
[to other agent] I think he's talking to you.

Homer does indeed rule the roost in the simpsons. Very similar to how joey wasnt the funniest to begin with in friends but gradually took the funniest character mantle and has kept it for ever more in friends

Stick to half an hour once a week, rather than 90 minutes once a year (if that). I don't think the Simpsons would be the same on the big screen.

@wullief: Joey was/is one-dimensional, but at least that dimension is funny. All the other characters started off more dynamic, but then the writers just seemed to hone in on all their annoying traits, so now everyone of them is one-dimensional, and Joey is the only one who isn't as annoying as hell.

Speaking of series vs. movies, how cool would it be to make a Lord of the Rings series???? Then the story could be told in full over say, twenty 1-hour episodes, the only problem would be to get the actors and the director to do it!

jdelpi said:
I want to rant and say Miss Michigan should have won Miss USA. I am only ranting because she's my friend's third cousin. If she won...it'd make absolutely no difference in my life.
I can't connect to anything related now because the sites are probably all getting slammed but here's search results on her: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%22miss+michigan%22%2B%22schleef%22

Excuse me for not caring, but my husband made me sit through their stupid ass Fear Factor, so when the pageant came on, I gladly changed the channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.