OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mentalmeltdown said:
Fashion is a gimmick to rob the hard-working consumer of his hard-earned cash...the worst example are the kids that force their parents into buying them a pair of 100-150$ sneakers just because some overpaid pro-athlete or the kids in school wear it.. that's fashion.

Unless you have parents like mine, who come back with the "If you friends jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge..." line time and again until you stopped asking and got creative sharing with your friends.

Unless you have parents like mine, who come back with the "If you friends jumped off the Brooklyn Bridge..." line time and again until you stopped asking and got creative sharing with your friends.

My parents were like that too... creative sharing is good only when you have friends whose feet don't get extremely sweaty and soil their sneakers beyond repair - I didn't have that luck..

mentalmeltdown said:
My parents were like that too... creative sharing is good only when you have friends whose feet don't get extremely sweaty and soil their sneakers beyond repair - I didn't have that luck..

:lol: I didn't have that problem because my feet were bigger than my friends' so I was on my own for shoes, I would just spend my bday money on Doc Martens and make everything else match them.

I remember one fashion trend when I was but a wee lad: the Spitfire jackets... you know the ones that you could wear inside and out? Orange and Green were the colours, and I remeber sharing my friends' jacket with him and another dude until the trend wore off. Then we wore torn jeans and bandanas' like Axl Rose or NKOTB! *sings Step By Step*... :lol:

mentalmeltdown said:
I remember one fashion trend when I was but a wee lad: the Spitfire jackets... you know the ones that you could wear inside and out? Orange and Green were the colours, and I remeber sharing my friends' jacket with him and another dude until the trend wore off. Then we wore torn jeans and bandanas' like Axl Rose or NKOTB! *sings Step By Step*... :lol:

:lol: I feel so old now. I went through an NKOTB phase in sixth grade, luckily mine started after and wore off before everyone else's, but my walls were covered. Actually, they're a perfect example of a trend, because I remember friends having everything from shirts to bedsheets and then had this big pile of crap when it was over.

mentalmeltdown said:
You're scaring me now

My girlfriend is a huge trend nut. She has to have whatever is cool. I think I am beginning to get her to realize that everytime she see's something that is cute, she doesn't have to buy it. She still likes her clothes but she is coming around to seeing that saving some money is cool too.

Ahhhh what about the 80's mullets (spelling)
1-1990.jpg

one man stands said:
yea, and I remember when Hypercolor shirts was cool, and rolling your jeans. Anybody still do that?

And Champion sweatshirts. Can't forget those.

Hypercolor shirts were about the dumbest thing ever invented, and everyone ate them up. I'm glad that I can honestly say I haven't rolled my jeans in years. :lol:

amm: that was a little off topic, but I'll say that Mike Patton is just plain weird... he often comes off as an arrogant asshole because of his weird sense of humor and you never know if he's telling the truth or not - other than that, I think he's a musical genius.

trends: Rolling jeans!! oh my god! Whenever I go to a 80's bands' rock concert (à la Whitesnake, Ronnie James Dio, Scorpions) I see a variety of mullets, rolled up jeans, washed up-painted-on kinda jeans... it's as if every trailer park in the surroundings empties for that particular show :)

Another fad was wearing those workshirts when grunge was hot - them shirts with squares and tee-shirts beneath.. I hate to admit being part of that phase ... only 12 years old when "Nevermind" came out. Damn, now I feel old! :)

Patton rulz tho what he say's is true tho with the whole nu metal bands saying if it wasent for FNM we wouldent be here that pisses him off. I rember reading somewere he goes don't blame that shit on us blame it on there mothers :)
But can you see how korn are infulanced by FNM and papa roach it's like saying blink 182 are infulanced by the ramones when there infulanced by the spice girls

What was the craze with nirvana never saw what was so good about them?

the thing that i cant get about fashion is,who fucking decides what is hot and whats not,1 min cargo pants are in,next thing denim is back,what a crock of shit,the silly thing is people spend thousands trying to stay with whatever the fucking experts tell them.

I think the thing with Nirvana was that they were somewhat different (at the time, certainly not now) and everyone jumped at the chance for a little variety. Now, that was the start. Why they got so huge, why 100 bands had to follow them, why people thought the music industry couldn't go on without Kurt Cobain, all of that is a mystery to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.