OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mentalmeltdown said:
amm: that was a little off topic, but I'll say that Mike Patton is just plain weird... he often comes off as an arrogant asshole because of his weird sense of humor and you never know if he's telling the truth or not - other than that, I think he's a musical genius.

trends: Rolling jeans!! oh my god! Whenever I go to a 80's bands' rock concert (à la Whitesnake, Ronnie James Dio, Scorpions) I see a variety of mullets, rolled up jeans, washed up-painted-on kinda jeans... it's as if every trailer park in the surroundings empties for that particular show :)

Another fad was wearing those workshirts when grunge was hot - them shirts with squares and tee-shirts beneath.. I hate to admit being part of that phase ... only 12 years old when "Nevermind" came out. Damn, now I feel old! :)
The flannel craze, that was funny. I know some people who went to Florida during January, it was like 90 or so and they saw some kids were wearing those flannel shirts. They asked those kids why, the kids said, "Cause Nirvana does." My friends said, "that's cause Seattle is fucking cold right now!"

I actually own a denim shirt (like the guy in Seinfeld that wanted to go out with Elaine) and the last time I wore it was in '96 I believe - I had the remnants of a mullet on the back of my head, and was listening to RATM, FNM, Dire Straits and Pink Floyd at the time.... and some people dared to called me an outcast! :lol:

I remember the weekend after he died, we sat around and ate nothing but french fries and onion rings with lots of salt. We had the worst stomach aches ever. And then for the anniversary, all the radio stations were doing stuff, and this one had a marathon, and we all took acid, and after a couple of hours I started screaming about how they'd played "All Apologies" 800 times (apparently I counted) in an hour and a half, turns out it was on a commercial for the marathon but anyways, that's about all the good memories I have of Nirvana, nothing to do with the band but stuff about my friends at the time.

..........um.......... Hmmmm..........
ummmmm........
Oh! I think Run-DMC copied KoRn too. They wore adidas.

...sorry I'm late on the subject......

i would never touch acid or any chemical drugs,it scares the shit outta me.

hey brat nothing wrong with having a few drinks!!!whats your choice drink beer or spirits?

i love a woman that drinks beer it makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside:Spin:

ThraxDude said:
..........um.......... Hmmmm..........
ummmmm........
Oh! I think Run-DMC copied KoRn too. They wore adidas.

...sorry I'm late on the subject......

the other thing that shits me today is they say in mags that anthrax sound like messugah,shouldnt it be messugah sound like anthrax???

i have never been able to work that out,how can a band sound like the band it influenced!!!

I think meshuggah have got there own sound going damn good band.
If anyone goes see them live tell them there's a country called England and to play there when they tour europe it's very annoying when they go on a european tour and don't play england arent they touring America this month?

Status
Not open for further replies.