OT: Who gets the last word?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah I make her eat a banana nightly.
this nice weather needs to stay for awhile up here. but it's not too nice dd, we have enough californias up here.

Especially from the 16th to the 23rd, since that's when I'm going to be in the area.

Speaking of that, what the best way to get from the Sea-Tac area to Port Angeles? We're spending our last 3 days there.

Especially from the 16th to the 23rd, since that's when I'm going to be in the area.

Speaking of that, what the best way to get from the Sea-Tac area to Port Angeles? We're spending our last 3 days there.

I'll be in Tacoma area that Saturday night, the 23rd, my friend's wedding is that day.

Hah, you asked the right person for going to Port Angeles, last year my truck route was out to Sequim Washington (half hour at most away from Port Angeles, have to go there to get to PA).
Do you want the ferry or drive around the sound?

Around the South Sound, take I-5 south to highway 16 in Tacoma, head West across the Narrows bridge. Follow 16 until it merges with highway 3, you want highway 3 Northbound (3 NB merges into 16, but 16 disappears, have to take an exit to go 3 Southbound, so don't worry, can't mess it up), follow highway 3 until you get to highway 104 across the Hood Canal Bridge. Can't miss highway 104, and Hood Canal Bridge is a major bridge in the area, one of the top 5 longest floating bridges in the world. Take highway 104 until it merges with highway 101 northbound. 101 is a straight shot to PA.

Ferry route, go to downtown Seattle on the waterfront, ferry signs everywhere by the way, and you'll go by Qwest Field and Safeco Field. You want the Bainbridge Island ferry. After you take the ferry across to Bainbridge Island you follow the signs to highway 3 Northbound. I haven't gone that way in a long time, but it's really straight foward since the ferry and the Narrows Bridge are the main ways to get access to the pennisula from Seattle. From highway 3 Northbound, follow it to highway 104 across the Hood Canal Bridge, merge with highway 101 Northbound and you're set.

Either way, I would say you're looking at a just under 3 hour drive through probably the most scenic area you'll come across in the states. If you check online, they have the prices for the ferries, one way is cheaper than the other, I can't remember which. One charges for the car and that covers everyone in the car, the other way costs for each person in the car. Both ways have their perks, so find which way costs less, take that way to or from, and take the Narrows the other way. If you need more help, send me a message.

Remy the Mad Scientist at work....?????????????????

CHICAGO (AP) – Drug-resistant staph infections have spread to the urban poor, rising almost seven-fold in recent years in some Chicago neighborhoods, a study finds.

Researchers said the crowded living conditions of public housing and jails might speed up the person-to-person spread of infection.

The superbugs, first seen mainly in hospitals and nursing homes, have turned up among athletes, prisoners and people who get illegal tattoos

Remy the Mad Scientist at work....?????????????????

CHICAGO (AP) – Drug-resistant staph infections have spread to the urban poor, rising almost seven-fold in recent years in some Chicago neighborhoods, a study finds.

Researchers said the crowded living conditions of public housing and jails might speed up the person-to-person spread of infection.

The superbugs, first seen mainly in hospitals and nursing homes, have turned up among athletes, prisoners and people who get illegal tattoos

Damn it, so that's where my bacteria went!

Actually, I think to work with Strep and Staph, you need a Biosafety Level III facility. My department only has Level II. Level III is annoying because of all the damn equipment you have to wear and the decontamination.

I imagine that's the same for Bacillus anthracis?

Oh, wait, this is an off-topic thread, I'm not supposed to talk about Anthrax here.

:lol:

Bacillus anthracis is even worse...Biosafety Level IV. Usually a separate facility altogether where folks don full haz mat suits. You couldn't pay me enough to work in one.

And, who is this Anthrax you speak of??

Yeah, no shit, oops, pardon my french...

The ferry ride is pretty good. Think it's about 45 min ride across, or maybe half hour, not sure. But during Summer it's nice being out in the open air. Especially if it's hot, the Sound has a nice mist about it, and not meaning mist, the German word meaing poo.

Greg Oden visited Portland last week, said he was amazed to see a mountain covered in that much snow so close to the city in Spring. I guess it's a shock to people that Mt. Hood, Mt. St. Helens are so close to Portland, and for you, Seattle has Mt. Ranier. If you can, catch an M's game, they're cheap tickets, and the ballpark has great seats no matter what. Don't even have to stay in your seats, they have places you can just congregate close to the field if you feel like standing.

Enough positivie talk, where's DD, I need to pick on his age.

They used to be a pretty cool band, back in the day, I hear. You could have asked DD about them, but with his Alzheimer's setting in, he wouldn't remember anyway

I vaguely remember a killer band fronted by a JB in 1985 and a another killer band fronted by JB in 1994 but I thought they went by the name Gung Ho or Stomp 442. God I'm old :zombie:

Status
Not open for further replies.