Other Gigs

Wardruna played in Sofia on Thursday and I needed a few days to gather my thoughts about it. Still can't quite do so and all I'll say is that this was magical. A very special gig.

Reactions: tuonelan
Saw Pressure Points and Standing Ovation last night. The former were bloody excellent, and the latter are better live than on record even though I don't like them as much. I recommend seeing both if you have a chance.

Ne Obliviscaris are playing a headline show in Helsinki on October 12th. I've shortlisted it, but I'm not sure yet if a mid-week trip down there will be possible.

Reactions: Eurynome
I will be off to Helsinki on saturday. Nine days of sweet vacation and we granted ourselves tickets for THE 69 EYES on Sept 16th @ Virgin Oil, Helsinki. Really looking forward to see the Helsinki Vampires again. They made a lasting impression in April. Hottest drummer ever. :p

Solstafir and Myrkur are going to have a gig in Belgrade early December. I'm not sure whether I want to go. On one hand, I like Solstafir's older stuff a lot and would love to hear them live, but this latest album was meh. Not to mention the whole drama surrounding the band kinda changed my perspective of them - which rarely happens to me, but it did this time - probably because they were one of my favorite metal bands and it kinda sucked seeing them reduced to such things.

Dunno much about Myrkur. What I've heard was okay.

In reality, I'd probably go if it wasn't a three-hour drive. Not sure what to do...

Reactions: Brell