Other Music

Dead Can Dance, Jeff Buckley, Red House Painters, Hum, Low, Slint, Classical,Industrial (Skinny Puppy, FLA...Etc....),Movie scores (Jerry Goldsmith, Danny Elfman..etc..),
A lot of bands on the Projekt record label...Love Spirals Downwards, His Name is Alive, Black Tape for a Blue Girl, Lycia...etc..
Some goth..the Cure, some Christian Death, Fields of the Nefilim (if you consider them goth)...etc...
Oh yea: Catherine Wheel, Shaman drumming, Dissolve, Unkle, Portishead, Radiohead, Johnny Cash, Dwight Yokem, Depech Mode, Miles Davis, Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, Sunny Day Real Estate, New Order, Tuatara, Killing Joke...and on and on and on......
Jay

I just listen to music that I think sounds good. Anything really, it can be jazz, techno, classical, rock, rap, whatever. I don't like to discriminate on the basis of genre. As long as it sounds original, has a bit of depth and complexity to it, and doesn't include the words "Hit me baby one more time", I'll listen to it.

Lets see

Jazz ( John Coltrane, Miles Davis, Thelonious Monk, John Mclaughing, Dizzy Gillespie, George Van Eps, George Benson and several others )
Blues ( Muddy Watters, Howlin Wolf, Little Walter, Bo Diddley, etc )
Hardcore and Metalcore ( Merauder, Kickback, Deformity, Congress, and a bit of Rykers, Right Direction, Backfire, etc. )
Grindcore, Crust and Goregrind Stuff ( Last Days of Humanity, Dahmer, Gore Beyond Necropsy, Mortician, Assuck, Sore Throat, Hellnation, etc )
Rpg and Power Metal ( Rhapsody and stuff like that, soundtracks from baldurs gates FFs ( only snes ones ), Planescape torment, Vtm:R ( asome music ) )
Some Classical and Flamenco Guitar stuff but not that much

And speaking of Jazz fussion stuff make shure to check Cynic, Aghora, Red Tide, Candiria ( but they also mix hardcore and hiphop so you will probably hate it ) and when we get record a demo wich should be soon, My band Koldun:D ( Ok maybe not my band but i seriously think melodic death metal and jazz stuff can get along, but i have a long way to go in jazz...)

Originally posted by Xtokalon
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the "Minibosses" yet.

They're basically a metal band that plays music from classic video games, such as "ghosts and goblins, punchout, contra, metroid, zelda"

Check them out at mp3.com or download otherwise. Punchout is my favorite. :D

The Minibosses are awesome!!! Their Metroid stuff rules. The first time I heard them I thought it was possibly the single coolest thing I had ever heard. hmmm... I just realized how big of a dork I am.:D

I like to listen to classical music, as I have said before.

Also I listen to funk music like George Clinton, Rick James, Cameo, Parliament-Funkadelic, and other funk bands. I especially like Bootsy Collins; I think he is a great bassist.

And then I also like folk music, especially Celtic and Norwegian folk.

Lastly, I love dark ambient. Robert Rich, Steve Roach, Kevin Braheny, Raison D'Etre, Michael Stearns, Archon Satani, Bill Laswell, The Orb, Mortiis, Sepiroth, Endura, Kervonian, Distros, Vidra Obmora, and Burzum.

Originally posted by Xtokalon
I'm surprised no one has mentioned the "Minibosses" yet.

They're basically a metal band that plays music from classic video games, such as "ghosts and goblins, punchout, contra, metroid, zelda"

Check them out at mp3.com or download otherwise. Punchout is my favorite. :D

SWEET! I've had a craving to hear the Legend of Zelda theme for the longest time.... heheheh... I haven't even heard them yet, and it already seems so cool...

Classical (Debussy, Rachmaninov....)

The Doors :D :loco:

Jimi Hendrix

Tool

Radiohead

Dire Straits (a bit)

Deftones

The Tea Party (a bit)

I am kind of a 'bands' person...I really only have very limited selections in each 'genre'. As long as the music is good...I am happy.

I wouldn't mind hearing some of Camel and/or King Crimson...
Any recommendations on first aquisitions?
:confused:

I know this has been done to death, but I am too lazy to go looking through the behemoth of past threads that this forum has become. :eek:

*takes a deep breath*

Radiohead, the Hellacopters, Gluecifer, Big Bang, Teenage Fanclub, Arab Strap, Mogwai, Godspeed you Black Emperor!, Supersilent, Deathprod, Motorpsycho, King Crimson, Pink Floyd, MC5, Minor Threat, Bad Religion, the Circle Jerks, Arcturus, Borknagar, Emperor, In the Woods, My Dying Bride, Anathema, Katatonia, Iron Maiden, In Flames, Iced Earth, Tool, Ulver, Samael,
Dimmu Borgir, Cynic, Victor Wooten, Jaco Pastorius, the Weather Report...
*passes out*