Our Parents and Metal

hahha,my mom's really into metal. My brother and I got her into In Flames,Bodom,Amon Amarth,God Dethroned,etc......she goes to all the metal shows with me,and I introduce her to all the bands I meet.

My dad played me some Sabbath long long ago, when Iwas rougly 5-6 years old, and it grew.

my entire extended family hates my music :lol:, my 40somthing jazz musician bass teacher gae me some cd. I was expecting Jazz beats, but it ended up being Dark Tranquility :eek:

CliffBurton said:
My dad played me some Sabbath long long ago, when Iwas rougly 5-6 years old, and it grew.

my entire extended family hates my music :lol:, my 40somthing jazz musician bass teacher gae me some cd. I was expecting Jazz beats, but it ended up being Dark Tranquility :eek:
give him a copy of Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects, and he will rub your testicles in circular motion.

My mom like the music in bodom but not the vocals...
and my dad is the old school guy who listen on black sabbath
and so on..my brother is more in to metal like me and my sister is
turning EmO i think :(

my father likes ensiferum, norther and cob.... even loud :D he wants to go to the ensiferum gig maybe :) ... my mum gets crazy if she hears a tone of the music

Tut Ankh Amon said:
give him a copy of Fredrik Thordendal's Special Defects, and he will rub your testicles in circular motion.
although circular is fun, I have only 30 minutes a lesson, and need to study up for college :p

my dad is alot into sabbat,ozzy,some maiden,ac/dc old school stuff but doesn'T like at all my music.

my mom is a little more open,she like pop music and everything but i got her into some metal like nightwish,sonata arctica and apocalyptica.i even put a Quo Vadis song on her comp and she liked it:headbang: :lol: but otherwise she thinks metal is 'barbary':lol: (dunno if it works in english,means something like unneccesary brutality)

my dad likes cob, and has in his pc at work something like 5 gb of metal, from heavy to death to black to power...
my mum yesterday was with me at gods of metal, listening sonata arctica, edguy, angra, gammaray, stratovarius, helloween etc etc etc... XD

My parents don't care what I listen to or what type of shows I go to, nor do they care that I have my stereo on or watch metal on TV, but I don't blast it....most of the time I just listen to my mp3 player w/headphones. But if I put it too loud, they tell me to turn it down. Though I know they don't like the screaming vocals, but they listen to country and oldies and whatnot.

My dad says he understand why I listen to metal. Especially COB, just because he can really hear the classical influences. If my parents knew the lyrics of some songs they would probably just say it's all shit.. just because of that.. that sucks.. I like bloody lyrics.. that's just fun man.. I like deep lyrics.. but also lyrics that just come right out the mouth.. no brain there.. :D